34: Waiting Pt.2

"Little Qi, what kind of nonsense are you talking about? How could I fall for this person?" Du Luo said with wide eyes. He failed to notice the trap in Ye Yin's words.

"Humph! I would rather die than be liked by such a person!" Nangong Piaoran said just as loudly, not to be outdone.

Ye Yin smiled even wider. He shrugged, appearing surprised. "How could you guys have such a reaction? I didn't say that you guys like each other, I just thought it was a bit regretful."

"If not, then good!" The two said again at the same time, then shared another look.

"Alas, there is actually nothing wrong with a man falling for a man. Love has no gender." Ye Yin looked at Du Luo, his tone very regretful.

"Little Qi, I don't like men, especially not him!" Du Luo said rather helplessly.

"And I would not let a man fall for me!"

"Brother Du, I really was not talking about you two." Ye Yin smiled brightly, looking at Nangong Piaoran and Du Luo. "Really, I was not talking about you two, but you two simply... It was just that seeing you two like this, I was reminded of something regretful. Why are you two taking this as a personal attack? Is this really a confession?"

As he finished speaking, Ye Yin could not hold back clicking his tongue, as if it were such a pity. Du Luo and Nangong Piaoran were dumbfounded and did not know what to say. In the end, Yanghan could not hold back from laughing. "Young master Ye, few can leave Nangong Piaoran dumbstruck. But you don't need to spend so much effort trying to attract their attention, they won't actually start fighting."

He saw through his true plan? But this was not all that he was aiming for. Ye Yin smiled without a word. Strangely, Du Luo started to smile. "Little Qi, you stinking brat, you outwitted me again! Don't worry, just like Lord Yanghan said, I won't start fighting with Lord Nangong. I don't fight anyone before knowing their true strength."

Sitting back in his seat, Nangong Piaoran adopted a graceful posture drinking tea. "Indeed, I too do not fight anyone before knowing their true strength. So brother Ye, you don't need to worry about your brother's safety."

"I wasn't worrying for anyone's safety, I was just worrying about my money. If you two were to start fighting here, who knows how much money I would have to pay the owner as the host. If you two really want to fight, go fight outside, ok?"

Ye Yin had a very provoking smile. Seeing the two's reaction, he laughed fearlessly. "However, truthfully, you two really are very synchronized. Seeing you two together is very entertaining. Don't worry, I and Yanghan are supporting you two!"

"Supporting my ass!" Nangong Piaoran gnashed his teeth. What did he do to provoke such a slyly smiling fox?

"Little Qi, are you a little bored?" Du Luo's words successfully silenced Ye Yin. Seeing Ye Yin stop smiling and nicely drink his tea, Nangong Piaoran's lip curled. "Indeed, evil is only stopped by other evil!"

Although Ye Yin had kept on teasing him, Nangong Piaoran was not angry. On the contrary, he was even a little bit fond. He liked the youth's sharp wit, his bearing, his way of talking, but... If only they were not enemies!

Yanghan had watched on quietly without bringing attention to himself. Suddenly, he had a thought. What did he come here for? He was the one who had suggesting going out to drink with the intention of figuring out Nangong Piaoran's true motives for being in West Zhi, but this young man had suddenly appeared. Now, they did have wine, but they were not exactly drinking, and he wasn't getting what he wanted. Instead, he was only listening to their idle chatting, as if they were here just to kill time. But did he come here to kill time?