40: Skypath

Ye Yin woke up three days later in the afternoon. The first thing he saw was Rouge's fatigued face and bloodshot eyes.

"Rouge, were you watching over me the entire time? You must be exhausted."

His faint words caused Rouge to happily shout, "Are you awake? You finally woke up! Young master Du, young master Du, young master Ye woke up."

Du Luo?! He's back? Ye Yin's pale face brightened up. Soon, he saw the ordinary yet charismatic man enter.

On the bed in plain clothes, Ye Yin appeared more fragile than usual. His face was pale, his lips colorless, but his eyes shone happily. Although his appearance was something to worry about, he did not show any sign of helplessness of a girl. Instead, he appeared resolute.

Seeing Du Luo enter, Ye Yin struggled to sit up, but was stopped by Du Luo. "Don't move, your wound has not healed yet!"

Ye Yin smiled. In order to make it easier for him to speak with Du Luo, Rouge gently supported Ye Yin as she fluffed the pillow behind his back. "Thank you, Rouge," he said. Rouge was finally able to speak and act normally.

Rouge shook her head, her gaze filled with worry. Biting her lip, Rouge turned around and said, "I will prepare the medicine."

After watching Rouge leave, Ye Yin then faintly smiled and said, "Senior brother Du, is everything going smoothly? Have you reconciled with Aman?"

Du Luo silently nodded and gazed seriously at Ye Yin. "Little Qi, I was only away for a few days, yet you're already in such a state. How are you expecting me to face......"

Ye Yin did not understand Du Luo's meaning. "What?"

"Nothing!" Strangely, apparently Du Luo also could get angry like normal people. He muttered, "Hua Jianli should have left some people by your side, look at you now......"

Ye Yin interrupted Du Luo with a laugh. "Don't blame brother Jianli, it was me who did not want them. This time, it was because of my short sightedness. It was my lack of thoroughness that led to today's consequences."

Du Luo groaned as Ye Yin continued, "Also, do not let brother Jianli know of this incident. War is near, victory is imminent. Do not let this incident cause him to lose focus."

"I know, but the battle ended yesterday. The emperor of West Zhi was hung by Hua Jianli at the city gates of An City. In a few days, they will choose an auspicious day for the new emperor to ascend the throne!"

"Really?" Ye Yin's smile widened. "I did not expect it to be so quick. Fortunately, a few days ago I wrote a few essential government decrees, otherwise there would not have been enough time!"

"Little Qi, what you work so hard for? You agreed to help Hua Jianli to reunite the country, but was there a need to go to such lengths? Look at yourself, was it worth risking your life for this country?"

Ye Yin lowered his gaze. "Senior brother Du, don't say it like that. I told you before I wanted to see how far I could go, it's not completely for brother Jianli. I wanted to prove myself. As for this incident, it was a complete unexpected outlier."

"An outlier? Do you know that this outlier will......"

Du Luo words died down. Ye Yin laughed, looking up at Du Luo. "What will happen? Senior brother Du Luo, will I die young?"

Startled by his response, Du Luo hastily said, "What nonsense! You merely had a slash to the chest, after a few days you'll be fine. This strike is nothing compared to the strike Aman gave you before!"

Ye Yin laughed lightly then lowered his gaze once more. His long eyelashes casted a thin shadow. His voice calm, he said, "Senior brother Du Luo, don't lie. You cannot hide it from me, furthermore I am also aware of it. My situation is terrible."