'Just because I let you go, doesn't mean I wanted to'

Chris watched Laney talk with the director as she was about to film a pivotal part of the film with Paul Bettany. Crossing his arms he chewed on his fingernail. He was far enough away he couldn't clearly hear what she was saying but he could make out bits and pieces of the conversation as it was pretty silent on the set. Whatever Anthony Russo had said to Paul and Laney made them both laugh before turning serious as the cameras began rolling.

She is so beautiful. Chris thought to himself. He could sit and watch her all day.

"She's perfect isn't she?"
Chris jumped as Hiddleston walked up next to him in full character as Loki. Chris's mouth turned down into a frown, as his brow furrowed he gave Tom an unsure side eye.

"Thought you were done for the day." Chris side stepped a few inches away. It was hard to take him serious as Loki.

"I am. I just came to watch Laney do this scene." He replied his eyes never leaving her.

Mouthing Laney's lines barely above a whisper Tom smiled, mainly to himself. Chris on the other hand, grimaced giving him a questioning look.

"She was struggling with this scene so we went over it a few hundred times." Hiddleston shrugged.

"Oh." Chris didn't know what else to say. He stood there for another moment before turning to leave.

Walking back to his trailer he had a little time to kill before having to be back on set. Entering the communal area where a lot of his co-stars hung out between takes he spotted Tom Holland who was kicking back in a chair, his feet on the table he was sharing with Robert Downey Jr and Scarlett Johansson.

"'Sup Evans!" Scarlett called.

Chris gave a little wave. "Hey."

"What's with you?" Holland asked. "You look like you just lost your best friend."

Chris gave him a sarcastic glance. "I was just watching Laney and Paul."

"Oh of course you were." Scarlett's lips turned up into a knowing smile, her eyes twinkling.

Chris rolled his eyes and sat down with the 3 of them. "So let me ask you something. Tom walked up while Laney and Bettany were doing their scene and started reciting all Laney's lines. He was just staring at her-"

"Like you were?" Downey laughed.

"I was watching the scene. All characters in said scene." Chris continued. "Do we know why they broke up? I'm looking at you Holland."

Tom dropped his feet from their propped position and sat up. "Me?"

"Yeah, you're her best friend. You're the only one she talked to after they broke up, right?" He turned to Scarlett and Downey for conformation.

Scarlett nodded, "I talked to her briefly. Didn't get any details. She was pretty upset."

"What about Hiddleston?" Tom asked. "Maybe he told someone. I don't even think Laney knows why they broke up.....why do you want to know?"

"Because he's in love with her." Scarlett said like it was obvious.

"No." Chris said immediately.

"Right...." Tom leaned back once again in his chair returning his feet to the table. "Good luck with that Evans. Yeah, I talked to her, she was screwed up. I don't think she left the house for a week after he left. He did a number on her that's for damn sure."

Chris sighed and leaned back in his chair, his shoulders slumping in defeat.

"It's been a few months." Scarlett offered. "Maybe she's over him?"

Holland burst out laughing, "Does one ever get over Hiddleston?"

"Not helping insect." Chris knocked Tom's feet off the table.

Tom laughed, "Ok ok....you know what I'll do for you. I'll talk to her and see where her head is at."

"No that's weird." Chris shook his head.

Tom raised an eyebrow. "You said it yourself  I'm your best bet at getting the inside scoop."

Scarlett cleared her throat and tried to discreetly nod towards someone coming across the lot, "Incoming."

They all turn their heads to see Hiddleston walking their way. Someone made a comment to him about still being in costume to which he replied by giving them his signature, sexy, Loki devil-like grin.

Chris turned back around looking at Downey, Scarlett and Holland. Downey widened his eyes with a shrug, Scarlett scratched behind her neck looking away and Holland gave him a cocky grin.

"What do you say Evans?"

Chris looked back at Hiddleston one more time, before responding to Holland, "Do it. Just don't mention my name."

"Course not." Holland grinned mischievously.

Laney stifled a yawn as she made her way to her trailer. It was only going on 7:00 in the evening but it had been a long emotional day as well as physically draining. All she could think of was her jacuzzi tub at home and how badly she couldn't wait to soak in it.

"You nailed that scene today Laney." Tom's voice seemed to come out of nowhere. Looking up she saw Hiddleston approaching her. Her heart began to speed up and she inhaled sharply trying to steady herself.

"Thanks." She managed a small smile.

The corner of his lips tugged up into an appealing grin.

Laney bit her lip taking a step back trying to distance herself. Cursing herself internally for slipping under his spell.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"Ok." She crossed her arms defensively.

Tom nodded almost as though he didn't buy it. "I'm happy I get to see you."

Laney was silent as he moved closer to her the sexual tension slowly beginning to build.

Laney swallowed and stepped back slamming into the steps of her trailer. Tom chuckled a little, "You ok?"

Laney nodded. "I should go." She fumbled behind her trying to open the trailer door with no success.

"Allow me." Tom slid his hand behind her and gracefully swung the door open causing Laney to have to step closer to him.

"Thanks." She quickly slid past him escaping into her trailer she slammed the door behind her before he could say or do anything else. Leaning back against the door she gently pounded her fist on it shaking her head. How was she going to get through the next few months of filming?