'I was so broken over you'

Laney grumbled as she slid into her seat on the plane that was taking them back to Los Angeles. The week in Napa had gone way to fast. She wanted more time with her family, especially her new little niece. Tommy and Harrison were flying back to LA but only staying for a few days before heading back to London where Tommy would start filming the sequel to Spider-Man. She herself would only be in Los Angeles for a couple weeks then she would be leaving for Toronto to film her new project. She was looking forward to it although it would be weird to be so far from home, on a non-Marvel film again.

After a morning of travel Laney pushed open the door to her apartment. Zoey wasn't home and Laney took advantage of the quiet and took a nap on the couch. She awoke to the sound of the apartment door opening a few hours later.

"Hey you're home." Zoey shut the door behind her.

Laney yawned with a nod, "Where were you?"

"An audition." Her eyes sparkled, "I feel good about this one."

"I'm sure you'll get a call back." Laney smiled.

"How was Napa?" Zoey sat down on the couch next to Laney.

"So much fun. I wish you would have come. I mean I know why you didn't but we missed you."

"I saw Chris." Zoey chewed her lip.

"You did? Where?"

"The grocery store." Zoey cracked a smile.

"Did you talk to him?"

Zoey nodded, "He asked when you were going to be home."

"When did this happen?"

"Last night. I think he misses you. Lane he looked miserable."

Laney hugged a throw pillow to her chest. "Tommy said I should try to talk to him."

"You should definitely try to talk to him." Zoey agreed shaking her head.

"There's something I need to do first though."

Later that night Laney drove the quick 15-minute ride to Tom's house. She had called him asking if it were ok if she stopped by to talk.

He answered the door and Laney smiled, he really was handsome. He gave her a welcoming grin and opened the door wide for her to come in.

"Thanks for letting me coming over." She said as she followed him into the living room.

"Of course anytime." He sat down on the couch and motioned for her to sit down as well.

She sat down across from him and inhaled deeply, "Why did you break up with me? The real reason?"

Tom looked a little taken aback and shifted on the couch. He cleared his throat, "I felt suffocated." He admitted.

"Suffocated?" She repeated. "Why? What did I do to make you feel that way?"

"You didn't do anything Laney." He leaned forward. "Please believe that it was all me. You were and always have been perfect. A lesson I learned the hard way once I made the stupid decision to leave you."

"Why didn't you talk to me? Tell me what was going on? I thought we were stronger than that."

"I was a fool." He said simply, "And trust me not a day goes by that I don't regret that."

"I'm sure you know Chris broke up with me." Laney looked down.

"I'm sorry. I know that my drunken behavior had to do with that."

"No, my behavior was the cause of that. I should have been upfront and honest with him. And I am going to try to talk to him. But I had to know what happened between us first. I don't think I've ever been as heart broken as when you left me." Laney looked up into Tom's eyes.

"I don't deserve your forgiveness and I hate myself for causing you that pain. I will always love you Laney." His voice was soft and his face full of concern.

"I forgive you. I don't know why you didn't talk to me about it. But we can't go back, only forward. And I want to move forward with Chris. I just needed closure on us."

"I understand." Tom said sincerely. "I hope that it works out for you. I mean that from the bottom of my heart."

Laney stood up. "I know you do."

Tom walked her to the door where she gave him a quick hug. "Goodbye Tom."

"Bye Laney."

He felt his heart twist a little as he watched her go knowing that their chapter was finally complete.

A week later Laney still had not talked to Chris. And she learned she had to leave for Toronto early. She wanted to talk to Chris but she couldn't bring herself to do it. She was scared of rejection. So she just avoided it.

"Zo!" Laney called from the front door of her apartment, "Are you ready?" Zoey was flying out to Toronto with Laney for a few days. She would begin filming her new movie in a few weeks so this was a last mini vacation for her.

"Ok, ok I'm coming." Zoey called back. Laney rolled her eyes with a smile, grabbed her rolling suitcase she pulled the front door open.  She gasped when she saw Chris on the other side.

"You're leaving?" He observed with a frown.

"Ummm yeah to Toronto. To film. You're here." She stated swallowing nervously.

He nodded, "I've been wanting to talk to you for a few weeks now, figures I pick the moment you're leaving."

Laney frowned.

"Can I drive you to the airport?" He wanted to know.

"I'm ready!" Zoey skipped up to the front door, "Oh shit." She looked at Chris.

"Hey Zoey." Chris forced a smile.

"I'm interrupting something. I'll just wait at the car."

They waited till Zoey was gone before continuing the conversation.

"How long will you be in Toronto?"

"6 weeks."

"Oh." Chris cleared his throat.

"I've been wanting to talk to you to. But I have to catch my plane." She glanced at the watch on her wrist.

"Call me when you land?"

Laney nodded.

They walked quietly to where the car was waiting to take Zoey and Laney to the airport.

"So.....I guess I'll talk to you soon." Chris looked everywhere but at Laney.

"Ok." Chris grabbed her suit case and threw it in the trunk with Zoey's and then held open the car  door for Laney to climb in.

"Bye." He said through the open window.

"Bye." Laney's lower lip stuck out. Chris waited for the car to take off and move out of the parking lot. He was about to get in his car when Laney's car stopped and she jumped out running back to him.

"I love you." She said in one breath. "I do. I'm so crazy in love with you." She didn't hesitate to pull him towards her and kiss him deeply on the lips.

Her car honked it's horn, "I have to go. This is like the worst rom-com." She laughed but he pulled her back for another kiss.

The car honked again and Laney broke away. She gave him an apologetic shrug before turning to run back to her car.

"Laney!!" Chris called.

"Yeah?" She turned back.

"I LOVE YOU TOO!" He called with a huge smile.