'I want him, but I also want to get over him...neither are happening'

Dropping her parents off at the airport a little after 4 that day Laney checked her phone for the millionth time. She hadn't heard from Tom all day. Not one peep. He knew she was with her parents, so she guessed he was giving her some space, well she hoped that's what it was. As soon as she said Goodbye to her parents she climbed back into the car and requested to be taken to Holland's hotel. She stared at her phone for a moment before deciding to call Tom. It went straight to voicemail and she felt her stomach drop.

15 minutes later she was banging on Holland's hotel door.

"Well, well, well." Tommy held the door open, so she could come in. Laney narrowed her eyes at him.

"Shut it." She threw her purse down on the sofa and crossed her arms.

"What did you do?" He wanted to know.

"Before I tell you anything-"

"You slept with him." Tommy's jaw dropped open and he covered his mouth with his hand in shock.

Laney didn't say anything.

"What were you thinking?"

"I wasn't, obviously. Or I was. I don't know. I tried to call him and his phone went straight to voicemail."

"You haven't talked to him all day?"
She shook her head no. "Well I was with mom and dad."

"So, he can still text you."

Laney's phone started to buzz in her purse. She grabbed it and held it up, "It's him."

"Answer it!" Tom pushed her phone towards her.

"Hello?" She stared at Tom anxiously.

"Hey." Hiddleston's voice sounded scratchy.

"Hey....what's up?"

Holland gave her a look and Laney shrugged.

"Not much." She could hear the smile in his voice, "What's up with you?"

"Not much."

"So....I'm in California."

"What?" Laney pulled the phone from her ear to look at it as if it would give her some kind of answer.

"I had to leave this morning, I have a charity event tomorrow."

"You left me...again?"

"No, I didn't leave you. I had to go to this event. I'm coming back to Atlanta."

"But you knew you were leaving last night and this morning and failed to mention it to me."

"Well love, there were other things on my mind." He lowered his voice.

"Like getting into my pants?"

"No! Laney! That's not what last night was."

"No last night was clearly a mistake."

"I thought it was what you wanted...to be with me..."
"I didn't think you were going to up and leave me again!"

"But I didn't. I have this charity event I signed on for months ago. I didn't purposely leave you after...after what we did."

"But you didn't tell me either. No text or anything."

"Laney, you were with your mom and dad. I wanted to talk to you. But you left so early this morning and then I had to catch my flight. I literally just got to the house in LA."

"I'll talk to you when you return." Laney replied abruptly. "Bye." She hung up the phone and turned to Holland who was watching everything unfold.

"What happened?"

"He left me."

"What do you mean he left you?"

"He went to a charity event in California. He didn't tell me. He slept with me and left me. Again."

"I think you're exaggerating a bit...didn't he say he'd be back?"

"Exaggerating?? No. I'm not." She threw her phone in her purse. "Ok maybe I am. But him leaving is a sensitive spot. I think that the least he could have done is text me. Tell me something."

"He just called you." Tom pointed out.

"Whose side are you on?"

"Yours? But I think you're blowing this up. Unless....was it just sex? Are you not back together?"

Laney shrugged. "I don't know. We didn't talk."

"At all?"

Laney shook her head slowly back and forth. "I'm so stupid. I'm literally the worst." She flopped down on the couch covering her face with a throw pillow.

Tom didn't say anything, so Laney continued, "I feel cheap. All he does is smile at me and I jump back into bed with him. He doesn't deserve me." Her voice was muffled by the pillow. She waited for Tom to say something but he remained quiet. Laney moved the pillow from her face, "Oh no Laney you're not the worst. You're the best!" She raised an expectant eyebrow.

"Sorry." He laughed, "I don't think you're the worst. I'm just not sure what to say to you. I don't want you to get hurt again. I think you need to decide what you want and talk to him." He pushed her legs over and sat down next to her.

"I don't want to talk to him. I'm mad at him."

Tom rolled his eyes. "Let's go get some pizza."

"Pizza?" She sat up some. "I could eat some pizza."

"I know. You can always eat pizza. Come on." He nudged her leg with his knee. "You can tell me about what part of the movie you're filming."

"Nice try." She rolled her eyes but allowed him to pull her up. "Maybe you should handcuff yourself to me so I don't get in anymore trouble."

"You're a basket case." He laughed grabbing his jacket.
"You love me."

"I do."