'Bye Bye Big Apple.....Hello La La Land'

"You have reached Laney. I'm sorry I'm not able to take your call. But if you leave me a message I promise I'll call you back....probably."

Tom hung the phone up and rubbed the back of his neck with a sigh. As much as he loved her voice mail, and the little giggle she had at the end of it, he wished she would answer his calls. He was back in LA and his home was just a constant reminder of Laney. Although she had taken everything she owned with her when she left, she had help decorate his place when he first moved in and all the little details were all her. Bored he clicked on the Instagram icon on his phone. Laney's latest posts made his stomach turn. They were all of her, Holland, Zoey and Chris all over New York City. Evans looked a little too cozy with Laney. Apparently Chris was the reason she wasn't answering his calls.

Laney and Tom spent 2 more nights at Zoey's before going back upstate to her Aunt and Uncles. They had to say goodbye to Chris but Zoey decided to come with them. Laney hated to say goodbye to Chris. She had enjoyed spending time with him and they had started to get to really know one another. They weren't together per se but they were definitely more than friends. And now they were going to be on opposite coasts. Chris would be in Boston for at least 2 weeks or more before coming to LA.
"Hey Tommy." Laney called through the joined bathroom from her bedroom where she was packing her suitcase.
"Yeah?" He stuck his head through the bathroom door.
"When we get to LA are you gonna stay with me for a few days? Or what's your plan?"
"Oh love...about that. I'm flying out to London from here."
"You are?" Laney's face fell.
He nodded walking into her bedroom. "Mums giving me a hard time about not being home in so long. She is insisting that I bring you with me though." He shrugged.

"But I can't." Laney pouted. "I have a photo shoot." She sat down on the bed. "I thought you were going to be in LA for a few weeks. I'm not prepared to say goodbye to you yet. Zoey's not coming out for another month. And Chris will be in Boston for a few weeks."

"I'll be in LA all summer probably though. And we have that comic con in Seattle in May."

"Oh that's right. I feel a little better."

Tom laughed. "You can come visit me on a holiday."

"Ok." Laney grinned. "I haven't been to a London since....well I was with Tom." She rolled her eyes. "But I would love to see your parents. And Harrison!"

"Good." Tom started walking back towards his room. "I'm sure you'll find something to do until Zoey and Chris get to LA."

"Yeah..." Laney trailed off staring at the shirt in her hand. She knew if she wasn't careful she'd be right back under Hiddleston's spell.

Although Laney's flight left 3 hours after Tom's they rode to LaGuardia airport together. Laney walked Tom as far as she could before pulling him in for a tight hug.

"I love you." She kissed his cheek. "Let me know when you land. Give my love to your family."

"Love you to Delaney Rae." He squeezed her back. "Promise you will come back to London with me after the Seattle Con."

"Done and done." She hugged him one more time before letting him go and watching him walk through security.

Grabbing her bag from the ground she slung it on her back before making her way to World Bean Coffee, ordering the largest drink on the menu and finding a seat she could pass the time in for the next 3 hours.

The flight from New York To LAX was uneventful which was fine with Laney. She slept through most of it. 2 hours after landing she opened the door to her apartment which she hadn't seen in 3 months. It was only 3 in the afternoon and Laney wasn't sure what to do with herself. Her state of mind had been completely different back in January. She had wanted to be alone. But since filming in Atlanta she hadn't spent hardly any time by herself and it was kind of depressing having no one around. She walked the house absent minded before deciding to unpack. While she was going through the suitcase giving each item of clothing a sniff test because she couldn't remember what was clean and what wasn't her phone vibrated on the floor next to her. It was Tommy sending her a picture of him and Tessa, his pup, letting her know he was back on the ground safe and sound in London. She replied with her own selfie of her and her suitcase making the comment that maybe she should get a dog. She texted Tommy until she was done unpacking and her stomach rumbled. There was no food in her house so she grabbed her bag and keys to venture out to the grocery store....or maybe just some fast food. Before she could open the front door her phone buzzed again. She dug it out of her bag and saw Hiddleston flashing across the screen. She rolled her eyes dismissing the call before tossing the phone back in her bag.

She pulled open the door and stopped short with a gasp. Hiddleston was standing there with his hand raised prepared to knock.

"Did you get a new number love?" He raised an amused eyebrow.

"What?" Her face flushed red. "How did you know I was home?"

"Instagram." He held his phone up.

"I didn't post anything."

"Your darling webslinger of a friend did."

"Oh." Laney frowned recalling the silly picture she and Tommy had taken before he departed. She remembered now him saying he was going to post it. He must have mentioned her going home.

"You've been ignoring me?" It sounded more like a statement then a question.

"I haven't."

"Love I literally just heard your phone ring through the door and you sent me to voicemail." He leaned against the door jam still grinning like the cat who caught the canary.

Laney deadpanned and shifted her weight to her other foot hoisting her bag back up from where it had slipped from her shoulder. "Ok, I've been ignoring you."

"Come on Laney. Talk to me. You know when I left Atlanta back in January I wasn't leaving you."

"I don't know anything." She chewed on her bottom lip.

"Where you going?" He changed the subject.

"For food. My house is bare."

"Let me take you to dinner."

"No." She pushed past him pulling the door shut behind her.

"I'm going to keep calling you. And if you block me I will just show up at your doorstep again."

Laney paused turning back around. "Fine. One dinner. My choice."

"Of course darling." He grinned following behind her.