'You let go of me so easily'

Laney wasn't sure how long she sat on the kitchen floor. Long after she had stopped crying. She just sorta sat there staring at nothing trying to comprehend what had just happened.

The voices of Zoey and Tommy coming in the front door snapped her out of it and she jumped up quickly wiping her face clean of any leftover tears.

"Hey." She said as nonchalantly as she could as they entered the kitchen.

"Whoa, what happened here?" Zoey peeked at the food burning in the oven and on the cooktop.

"I-I...Ummm..."

"You've been crying." Tommy frowned. "What happened? Is it Chris? What'd he do to you?" He clenched his fist.

"More like what I did to him. Tom stopped by and was drunk. Begging for me to take him back he mentioned our night together back in January and Chris walked up just in time to hear it. So he confronted me and I told him everything and he left." Her voice choked up at the end and the hot tears began to form in her eyes once again.

"Oh sweetie." Zoey immediately took Laney in her arms squeezing her tight.

"He left? Just like that? He was that angry?" Tommy leaned back on the counter, a scowl still resting on his face.

"Guess he feels like I lied to him, or betrayed him. Which he has every right to. You told me this would happen." She pointed at Tommy.

"I never wanted this to happen. I thought Chris would be a little more forgiving about it. I mean you didn't really cheat on him."

Laney shrugged, shutting her eyes hoping she wouldn't start bawling again.

"Maybe he just needs a little time." Zoey suggested. "I mean he didn't break up with you, right?"

"I don't know. I'm pretty sure he's not going to be coming back anytime soon."

"Well he's an idiot if he doesn't." Tommy said softly.

"Thanks. I'm going to clean this up and go to bed. I don't want to interrupt or ruin your night."

"You could never." Zoey grabbed the pan on the cooktop and dumped it in the trash before opening the oven pulling out the pan with a potholder leaving it on the stove to cool. "Are you hungry? I'll order something."

Laney shook her head, "I'm not hungry. I really just want to go to bed."

"Go. We'll clean this up." Zoey gave her a small smile.

"Are you sure?" Laney hesitated.

Tommy nodded, "Of course love."

Laney climbed in her bed and started at the ceiling. She thought about calling Chris to try and explain but what really what was there to explain? He knew the truth, he certainly felt betrayed by it. She didn't blame him. She couldn't shut her brain off so she flipped the tv on and watched mindless nonsense till she drifted off into a restless sleep.

____________________

Walking onto set the next day Laney held her breath. Tommy wasn't there. Chris was. She didn't think Tom was but it was going to be difficult enough having Chris there.

"Hey little witch." Sebastian walked up falling into step with her as they walked to where they would be filming.

"Hey Seb." She clutched her coffee cup tightly.

"Chris here yet? Did you ride together?"

"No." She looked at him blankly. "We didn't ride together." She said her voice void of emotion.

"You ok?" His brow furrowed.

"I'm good. Excuse me. I have to use the rest room before we start." She quickened her pace walking in the opposite direction of where she needed to be.

She pushed the bathroom door open and took several deep breathes. She didn't want to see Chris. She definitely didn't want to shoot a scene with him. But there was nothing she could do but go out and act like a professional. She knew Chris would. And so she calmed herself down and turned completely into character as Wanda before marching out of the bathroom determined to get her job done.

Chris made eye contact with her as she walked onto set but immediately looked away. For the next couple hours they did the scenes they needed to. Chris paid her no mind unless it was scripted. As soon as Laney was done for the day she raced to her car. She didn't utter a word to anyone, no goodbye's, she just left.

No one was there when she got to her apartment which she was grateful for. She was exhausted, mentally, physically, emotionally. She started a hot bath and just before she climbed in someone knocked at her door.

"Chris?" She definitely didn't expect him to show up at her place.

"Hey, you have a second?"

"Sure." She opened the door wider for him to come in.

"I want to apologize for just leaving yesterday. I was a little shocked. I've been under the impression that you and Tom have been done. Maybe I over-reacted."

"No Chris you didn't, not at all. I should have been upfront and honest with you."

"Thank you." He gave her small, tight smile. "But I don't think I can keep seeing you."

"What?" Laney felt like she had been punched in the stomach.

"I just feel....betrayed. I can't look at you the same. Which again maybe I'm over-reacting but I just thought we were more. I didn't realize you hadn't made up your mind until we officially started dating."

Laney opened her mouth, but no words came out. She had nothing to say, she couldn't argue what he had said.

"I know we can be professional on set." He turned to leave but paused, "Goodbye Laney."