'Missing you comes in waves. Tonight I'm drowning.'

Dinner was going as smooth for Laney as she had expected. Which wasn't very smooth at all. She tried to keep her attention on Mackie who had no problem making himself the center of attention. However, Laney was far from being able to relax. The slightest move to her right and she'd bump into Tom. She knew she wasn't ready for that physical interaction. And across from her Chris with his endless baby blues and that laugh. Oh, that laugh, had her heart doing flip flops. It was all brand new, really seeing Chris in this different light. But she liked it. Until she looked to her right and Tom gave her that look. The one like she was the only girl in the room. The 'you're the most beautiful being on this planet'. The 'I need you, I want you' look.

To many emotions so Laney kept drinking.

"You're not down here getting pissed are you darling?" Tom Holland had made his way down to the end of the table and was standing next to Laney.

"Tommy." She said her voice sugary sweet.

Tom's mouth twitched up into a charmed lazy smile. Raising his eyebrows, he gave everyone in ear drop range a cocky look as he rocked back on his heels waiting for Laney to gush all over him as she normally did.

"You are...what word do you Brit's use? Wanker. You're a wanker."

"Ooohhhooooo" Mackie doubled over in laughter. "Guess you're not the favorite anymore spider boy."

Tom shot Mackie a dirty look.

"Laney love I tried to save you a seat."

"Shhh!!" She reached up shoving her fingers across Toms mouth almost falling out of her seat in the process. "And please don't call me that." Her eyes shifted downward.

"Laney?" Tommy looked confused.

"Laney Love." Hiddleston spoke. "Bit of the nickname I had for her."

Laney looked to Tom her eyes sad and doleful.

"I'm gonna run to the restroom." She excused herself.

Holland bit his lip feeling like an ass. He knew the nickname, he couldn't believe he had called her that in front of Tom no less.

"Well this is awkward." Mackie grabbed his drink sloshing it down.

"She's not pissed is she?" Holland sat down in Laney's now vacant seat.

"Pissed like drunk or pissed like mad?" Mackie asked.

"Drunk."

"Nah. Almost." Chris nodded towards her empty wine glass.

"But she might be pissed mad at you." Mackie set his drink down.

"I'm gonna go check on her." Holland stood back up.

"Allow me." Hiddleston slid his chair back.

Holland looked at Mackie and Chris unsure what to do.

"I promise you I won't upset her." Tom raised an eyebrow holding his hands up as if he were trying to prove he were innocent.

"Yeah go ahead." Tom shrugged. Hiddleston disappeared in the same direction Laney had gone.

"That's not gonna go well." Holland groaned after he was out of earshot.

"It's your funeral spider boy." Mackie laughed.

Laney splashed some cold water on her face and gently patted it dry. She was definitely feeling the buzz from the wine.