'We could pretend we didn't end with a bad goodbye'

Laney attempted to swallow, and it felt like sandpaper in her mouth. Stretching her back out she winced; this damn pullout was the worst. She kept her eyes closed due to the pounding inside her head. Raising her fingers to her temple she slowly sat up, still a little unsteady she put her feet on the ground. Tom was passed out in what Laney was pretty sure the same position he had fallen asleep in. Once she had her bearings straight she stood up and walked over to the bed.

Poking Tom's forehead with her finger, she cocked her head to the side waiting. He didn't move so she poked him a second time.

Slowly one eye cracked open, "Am I dead?" He croaked.

"I thought you might be. You didn't move all night."

"My head feels like....I want to be dead."

Laney laughed but then grimaced squeezing her eyes shut. "Coffee. We need coffee."

"Good plan. I'll wait here."

"No, you won't. Come on get up. There's a coffee shop right around the corner. We can walk."

"Laney what makes you think I can walk?"

"You have 5 minutes. I'm changing clothes and we're leaving."

5 minutes later she emerged from the bathroom and Tom was still lying on the bed.

"THOMAS HOLLAND!" She scolded.

"Shit!" He jumped. "I hate you." He murmured but slowly pushed himself up.

They took the elevator down in silence barely saying two words the entire walk to the small coffee shop called Java Joint. It wasn't until after the first few sips of coffee they were able to speak in coherent sentences.

"I kissed Tom last night." Laney exhaled loudly.

"I know - I was there. Did you forget?" Tom took a long sip of his coffee.

"No I felt like I should say it out loud. Maybe hearing it would help me realize how ridiculous it is."

Tom looked at her like she had 3 heads. "I think you're still sloshed."

Laney rolled her eyes and took a long sip of her own coffee. "I don't want to remember what it feels like to be with him. I want to remember what it felt like when he left." She closed her eyes and gripped the table with a little moan.

A horrified look came over Tom's face, "Please tell me you're not remembering what it feels like to be with him."

"No!" Her eyes popped open, "That was me enjoying the coffee touching my soul."

"As long as it wasn't you thinking about Hiddleston touching-"

"Shut up." She set her coffee cup down, "And don't look so horrified."

"It's like listening to my mum talk about shagging my dad."

"Oh it cannot be that bad! And shag? Is that really a word Brit's say? I thought it was just an Austin Powers thing."

"How were you with Tom for 2 years and the word shag never came up.....wait where did you think Austin Powers got it from?" He arched an eyebrow.

For some reason this struck Laney as hilarious and she burst out laughing. Tom eyed her for a moment before laughing to. The laughing turned into a full-on giggle fest and they couldn't look at each other without starting up again. When they started to get rude looks from the other customers they figured it was time to leave.