'I like me better when I'm with you'

"Wait, you didn't go straight back to your hotel last night?" Holland accepted the steaming cup of coffee from Laney's outstretched hand the next morning on set.
Laney shook her head with a smile before taking a sip of her own coffee.
Tom gave her a look waiting for an explanation.
"You went to Hiddles?" His jaw fell open.
"Shhh!" She glanced around the nearly empty lot before pushing him to the side of one of the trailers.
"Yes I did go there first."
"First?" Tom frowned confused.
"Then I went to Chris's"
"Delaney Rae! Tell me you didn't..." he widened his eyes tilting his head back and forth.
"I don't know what your implying." Laney gave him a strange look. "I stopped by Tom's and he basically apologized-"
"Whaaaat?" Holland interrupted.
"And I may have kissed him." She winced.
"DELANEY!" You could practically hear his voice echo throughout the lot.
"Shhh!" She scolded him again pushing him further back between the 2 trailers.
"How do you keep ending up in positions with him where you make out?"
Laney shrugged. "I don't know. But I left, nothing else happened. And then as I was leaving Chris called me, so I went over to his place."
"And..."
"And he told me he really likes me. And that he's jealous of you." She added with a laugh.
"Well of course he is darling." He gave her a charming grin.
"Maybe if I can get Tom out of my head for longer than 12 hours I could see what could happen with Chris. I told him we should wait until we finish here in Atlanta. It's just too much with Tom in my face almost every day."
"Speak of the devil." Holland murmured under his breath.
"What?" Laney asked.
"I said speak of the-"
"Ah Laney, Tom." Hiddleston rounded the corner of the trailer coming up behind Laney.
"Tom." Laney's heart flip flopped.
"Scarlett is looking for you, both of you."
"Are we in trouble?" Holland laughed.
"Uhhh no. Game night." Hiddleston smiled.

-------------

Scarlett was hosting game night at her hotel suite and the rules were simple - to get in you must bring liquor or beer and a game. If you couldn't bring a game, you brought more liquor. Games could range from board games, to cards, to Pictionary.

Laney stood in her hotel bathroom staring at her reflection in the mirror. She knew Chris was definitely going to be there. She wasn't sure about Tom. Looking at her blue skinny jeans coupled with a simple, gray off the shoulder sweater she gave herself an unsatisfied look. Grabbing her curling wand, she plugged it in before dumping her makeup all over the bathroom counter. She applied just enough make up to brighten her eyes and give her winter pale skin some color. Then she curled random sections of her long hair before quickly twisting it into a side fishtail braid leaving some pieces free to softly frame her face. If she were being honest with herself she would admit she was styling her hair this way because it was Tom's favorite. He always said he loved her hair pulled up off her neck because he found it quite sexy. And the fishtail braid gave her just enough innocence, paired together it drove him crazy.

-------------

"Spider-Witch in the house y'all." Mackie greeted Laney and Holland at the door of Scarlett's suite.

"I'm starting to think you two are actually joined at the hip." Scarlett pushed past Mackie to give Laney a hug followed by Tom.

Laney shrugged and started singing, "Let me tell you about my bessssttt friend. He's a warm-hearted person who will love me till the end. People let me tell you bout my best friend, he's a one boy cuddly toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy."

"Y'all ain't right." Mackie shook his head as Scarlett laughed.

"Where's your entrance fee?" Mackie put his arm out so they couldn't walk in any further.