'Happiness looks gorgeous on you.'

"I told Chris I love him." Laney practically floated through the airport as she and Zoey made their way through security. She had called Tommy almost immediately to tell him about the moment she and Chris had declaring their love for each other in the parking lot of her apartment.

"You finally talked to him?" Tommy asked in disbelief.

"I did! And he said he loved me to." Laney kept replaying their conversation in her head, it was surreal.

"And now what? Aren't you leaving for Toronto?"

"Yeah I'm about to board the plane actually." She frowned, "I have no idea what is going to happen."

"You have lousy time darling." He snickered.

"I know it. Ok I have to go. We're trying to get some food before we board. Love you bye." She hung up the phone and turned to Zoey. "I so wish we didn't have to fly out today."

"To bad you can't postpone it."

"We start filming tomorrow. I postponed as long as I could."

"What's Chris's schedule....oh maybe he will fly out to Toronto and surprise you!!"

Laney broke into a huge grin. "That would be amazing, but I doubt it. He's got so much going on."

Zoey shrugged. "Tommy called me last night."

"WHAT?" Laney stopped walking and turned around. "Why are you just telling me? Why didn't he tell me?!"

Zoey shrugged. "He just asked how I was doing. Said he missed me." She rolled her eyes but was smiling.

"Do you think you'll get back together?!"

Zoey shook her head. "No probably not. I'll be filming in Los Angeles and then who knows. He's in London."

"But he called you. That's pretty big. I mean I know Tommy very well."

Zoey smiled. "We'll see. I'm not getting my hopes up."

"We should go see him in London on set. We'll both be done filming probably before he's done Spider-Man. You haven't been to London since...."

"It's been awhile. But yeah maybe."

Laney smiled as she pulled her luggage behind her.

___________________________________

3 weeks into filming in Toronto Laney was feeling homesick. She missed her friends in Los Angeles. She missed Tommy. But she really missed Chris. They had been FaceTiming every day, counting down the days till she'd be back in California. He was busy with meetings and flying back and forth between LA and New York. He had promised he would do what he could to pick her up from the airport when she was back home in 3 weeks.

She was feeling even more emotional because her birthday fell right in the middle of filming in Toronto. She was so far from home and wished she could celebrate with her friends or family. The only upside was that she was off that day.

It was late on the eve of her birthday and Laney had just gotten back to her hotel room. She threw her key down and went straight to the fridge to grab a bottle of the cheap wine she had stashed away. She took a long sip from the plastic solo cup and picked up her phone to call Chris to say good night.

"Hey babe." He answered.

"Hi." She was tired but his voice made her smile. "I'm so exhausted. I really just wanted to say good night."

"I hope you're not too tired." She could hear the phone shuffling.

"Why? If you want to FaceTime I'm sure I can manage to stay awake." She smiled to herself.

"I had something else in mind."

"Huh?" A knocking on her door made her jump. It was so late who could that be unless.....

"Someone's at my door. Chris it better be you. It's after midnight."

"Not me."

Laney looked at the peephole and squealed. It wasn't Chris but it was the next best thing, Tommy was outside. She pulled the door open and grabbed him tightly.

"Tommy!!!!"

Chris laughed on the other end of the phone. "I wish it were me. But I'm stuck in Los Angeles. Tommy boy had a break so we kind of wanted to surprise you for your birthday."

"I love you. And you." She squeezed Tommy again.

"I love you too." Chris smiled. "Catch up with Tom, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Ok. Bye, thank you, love you." Laney hung up the phone and squealed again. "I'm so happy to see you! How long can you stay?"

"Just 3 days. But I didn't want you to be alone on your birthday."

"How in the world did you manage to get time off?"

"It's my movie darling." He gave her a dazzling smile.

Laney gave him a look.

"Ok, we're switching filming locations and got a break. Just worked out it was your birthday week."

Laney laughed and threw herself at him again for another hug. "I don't care how you got here. I'm just glad you are."

The next day Tommy and Laney took a day trip to Niagara Falls for her birthday. They toured a winery, had an amazing lunch and hit all the attractions at Clifton Hills. It was by far one of the best birthday's Laney had ever had. When they finally were on their way back to the hotel she was feeling exhausted but could not have asked for a better day.

Arriving at the hotel they were staying at Laney let out a huge yawn.

"I'm falling into bed and not moving."

"Might want to rethink that love." Tom pushed open her hotel door.

"SURPRISE!!!!" Zoey and Chris shouted. Laney's jaw dropped. "SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" She looked at Tommy who shrugged with a grin.

"You guys are here!" Laney's eyes started to water.

"We wanted to be here to spend the whole day with you but we both were stuck until last minute." Zoey stuck her lower lip out.

"No this is perfect. I'm so glad to see you both." She hugged Zoey first and then turned to Chris.

"Hey beautiful." He gave her a sexy half smile.

"Hi." She fell into his arms squeezing him tightly, then pulled back to kiss him hello.

"Alright alright save that for later." Tommy leaned on the counter.

"Yes because....." Zoey opened the fridge and pulled out a cake, "We have your favorite!"

Laney's eyes watered up again. "I have the best friends in the world. How did I get so lucky?"

"Best friends, and best boyfriend." Chris wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

"Best boyfriend." She repeated. With a content sigh she leaned back against him memorizing everything about the moment.