'You're only the love of my life'

"You're not kidding this place is over the top." Laney walked through each room of the lavish condo that Tommy was staying in curtsey of RDJ.

"Told you it's sick. Check the bathroom out." He led her to the master bathroom which had the craziest see-through jetted tub Laney had ever seen.

"That has RDJ written all over it." Laney laughed.

"Floors are heated. I don't want to ever go back to my place." Tom walked back out to the kitchen.

"I can't believe I haven't been over yet."

"You're too busy hanging out with Evans. It's ok I'm trying not to be jealous." He grinned at her teasingly.

"Things are so perfect. I wish I wouldn't have wasted so much time being an asshole. He's better than I could have ever imagined." She beamed.

"Sounds like you got it bad." Tom leaned on the kitchen counter.

"He's coming to Napa in August."

"He's coming to the family trip?" Tom looked shocked. Laney's parents had finally arranged for Tom's whole family to come and spend a week at the winery. Laney would be there to of course, and Zoey. And now Chris.

Laney nodded excitedly. "We should get going." She looked at the time on her phone. They were heading to the LA Studio for re-shoots.

"Chris going to be there today?" Tom wanted to know as he grabbed his keys and wallet from the counter.

"No, he's got meetings. But he's going to be there tomorrow."

"Wonder if Hiddleston is going to be there?" Tom pulled the door shut behind him.

"I don't know but I'm fine if he is."

"You mean that." Tom stated sounding surprised.

"I do. Chris has changed everything in ways I didn't know possible." She smiled happily.

___________________________

Sitting next to Scarlett in their directors chairs Laney cracked up laughing. How she had missed her cast mates. And now that she had a new-found happiness with Chris she was enjoying being back with her Marvel family even more.

"Keep it down you two." Chadwick Boseman walked up behind them. "I thought you were done for the day."

"I am." Laney suppressed another giggle, "I'm waiting on Holland. I'm his ride."

"Get married already." Chadwick rolled his eyes with a grin.

"She can't because she is getting hot and heavy with the man himself, Captain America." Scarlett simpered.

"Ohhhhh!" Chadwick's eyes grew wide, "So it's true. You finally got together."

Laney blushed, "Yes. We've been dating for a few months. Keeping it hush hush. Well we're neither confirming nor denying."

"Good for you, get it Evans!" Sebastian walked up joining the conversation.

"Like high schoolers aren't you boys?" Scarlett frowned.

"Oh you have no idea." Seb grinned.

Laney and Scarlett laughed but stopped abruptly as Tom Hiddleston walked up.

"Come now, you're going to give me a complex. Everyone turns silent when I walk up." He flashed a small smile.

"I didn't know you were here today." Laney replied.

"I'm not, well not for avengers. I'm across the lot for something else and just stopped by to say Hello."

"Awesome." Laney said awkwardly.

"DELANEY RAE I'M DONE LET'S GO." Tommy called from across the room.

"Well that's my cue!" Laney stood up from her chair.

"Uh actually Laney do you have a moment?" Tom wanted to know.

"Oh..." She turned to Tommy who had just walked up. He just shrugged and nodded. "Yeah, Tommy I'll meet you outside."

Tom and Laney walked through the lot towards the doors heading to the parking lot.

"I saw your niece was born. Please tell Courtney and Mike congratulations from me." Tom began.

"I will, but Tom you should call them. It would mean a lot. Just because you and I...." She trailed off.

"Actually, that's what I wanted to talk to you about." He said slowly.

Laney stopped walking.

"Laney, I miss you. I miss you so damn bad. I know that you're dating Chris. It's killing me."

Laney stood silently unsure what to say or how to respond.

"I know I don't deserve you. I thought if I gave you space...but I feel like I'm losing you for good. And I don't know how to go on without you." He continued.

"Tom." She looked up at him, her eyes were sad. "I've moved on."

"Don't say that." He said his voice crushed. "Give me one more chance Laney. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Laney shook her head. "I can't." She squeaked out.

"Laney." He pleaded, "You ARE the love of my life."

Laney stared into his ocean blue eyes that she swore were fighting back tears. "Tom." She said softly reaching up she cupped his face with her hand. He turned kissing her palm.

"Please Laney." He struggled to stop his lip from trembling. Laney had never seen him like this.

"I-I should go." She stammered before gently pulling her hand away and slipping out the back lot door.