'a sky full of stars and he was staring at her' Atticus

Laney left Tommy at her trailer door making her way to the hair and makeup trailers.
Slipping quietly into the trailer she pushed the door shut behind her.
"Ahhh! She lives!" Chris practically made her jump, his voice was so loud. Standing next to one of the makeup chairs he was having his makeup touched up.
Laney turned her head with a shy smile. "Hey. I was just about to text you."
"Sure you were Hunter." He winked at her teasingly.
"Thank you for texting me last night. I had a little bit of a rough night." She sat down in the makeup chair he was standing next to, so the hair and makeup team could get to work.
"Yeah I remember. I'm glad you got home ok."
"Are you working tonight?"
Chris shook his head, "Nope. Finishing up now. How late you on for?"
"Who knows?" She winced a little as the stylist tugged on her hair. "Wish you weren't leaving."
Chris couldn't hide his smile. "Maybe you could stop by tonight after you're done...I mean if you want to. You don't have to." He back peddled.
"No, I'd love to." Laney's face lit up into a sincere smile.
"Yeah?" Chris asked a little unsure.
Laney nodded. "I'll text you when I'm leaving."
"You know where I'm staying right?"
Laney nodded again.
"Ok cool. I'll see you tonight." He reached out and gave her a fist bump before exiting the trailer.
Laney had to bite back the huge smile that was trying to take over her face.

Finishing up a little after 8 that evening Laney, as promised, shot Chris a text when she left.
Instead of texting her back, he called her.
"Are you hungry?" He asked
"Yeah, I am actually." Her stomach rumbled as if on cue.
"Ok I'm going to run and pick up Chinese and should get back here before you arrive. If not, I'll tell the front desk to let you in."
"Oh ok. I'll see you soon.....is anyone else there?"
"No....just me. But we can call some people if you want. Tommy or Mackie..."
"No it's fine." She laughed "I was just curious. I'll see you shortly."
"Yes you will. Bye"
"Bye." She echoed.
Chris beat Laney to the hotel and had the food ready to eat when she arrived.
The evening seemed to fly by. Finishing dinner, neither of them wanted the night to end quite yet.
"I stopped and picked something up on the way." Laney grinned devilishly, pushing her empty plate of Chinese food away from her on the table.
"I'm scared." Chris covered his eyes.
Laney grabbed her oversized bag and pulled out a box of brownie mix and the game JENGA.
Chris peeked through his eyes and burst out laughing. "Ready for that rematch?!"
The cast had had a few game nights over the years. Chris and Laney had an ongoing JENGA battle. Chris continued to beat her, but she was determined to win. And the brownies happened to be a weakness for both of them. Between the 2 of them they could eat a whole pan in one sitting.
"I've got an unopened gallon of milk ready to wash those down!" Chris grinned.
"Excellent. I'll start the brownies. You set the game up."
The kitchenette in Chris's suite was small but functional. Laney quickly whipped up the brownie mix.

"That looks delicious" Chris reached over her shoulder sticking his finger in the batter.

"Hey!" She slapped his arm. "Is the game ready?" She glanced at the table.

Chris nodded. "Now get my brownies in the oven woman."

Laney laughed. "Yes sir Mr. Evans."

They played JENGA for over an hour. Once the brownies were done they ate them with spoons out of the pan.

After multiple grueling games of JENGA which Chris successfully won, he flipped the tv on.

"You need to get home, or you want to stick around? We can see what's on Netflix?" He wiggled the remote at her with a raise of his eyebrow.

"Ew did you just ask me to Netflix and chill?" Laney laughed.

"Oh I think I did." Chris cringed.

"You're lucky you're cute. Otherwise I would be totally creeped out." She grabbed the remote from his hands and plopped down on the couch.

"You think I'm cute?" He couldn't control the ridiculous grin on his face as he hopped over the back of the couch crashing into her slightly on his landing.

"You're alright." She teased.

A buzzing sensation came from Laney's back pocket and Chris gave her a look. "Please tell me that's your phone."

Laney laughed pulling her phone out. She glanced down and read the text message before sending a quick reply.

"Tom" She said without looking up. "I mean Tommy." She corrected herself. "That's how I started calling Holland Tommy. Got to confusing calling them both Tom. And awkward going by last names. Didn't really care to call my boyfriend by his last name." She sighed slipping her phone back into her back pocket. "Ex-boyfriend."

"How are you doing with all that?"

"What? I'm not handling it like a Rockstar?" She teased with a slight smile.

"No I think you are. But I also think you're an incredible actress." Chris tilted his head to the side.

"It sucks." She admitted. "I hate it. And I hate that I don't hate him."

"Sorry you had to go home with him last night. Well not home with him but you know..."

"Yeah....." Laney drifted off looking away, the night before replaying in her head. "I should probably get home."

"Oh. Ok." Chris said clearly disappointed wondering what had caused the change in mind.

"I've got to be on set early tomorrow, and I think you do to." She smiled at him.

"I do. I think we even have a scene together."

"And Mackie so..."

"We'll be there all night." Chris finished with a laugh.

He stood up and walked her to his door.

"Let me grab my key I'll walk you down."

"No it's ok." She shook her head.

"No it's not." He disagreed grabbing his room key. "Oh wait." He paused and went back to grab the JENGA box.

"No leave it here." Laney pushed it back towards him. "Now you have a reason to invite me back over."

Chris smiled "There are no lack of reasons for that trust me." He put the game back though and followed her out the door.