'You are my new favorite feeling'

"Stop pacing the floor." Zoey called from where she lay stretched out on the couch, a bowl of popcorn resting on her stomach.

"I'm sorry." Laney fell back on the couch against Zoey's feet. "I'm just really anxious for him to get here."
"Obviously. Find your chill though, ok?" She took a bite of popcorn.

"What are you going to do tonight?"

"Watch Riverdale and FaceTime Tom."

"Oh really?" Laney wiggled her butt back and forth against Zoey's feet and legs with a laugh.

"Yes, really." Zoey threw a piece of popcorn at her. "Like you didn't know though. He texts you more than anyone. I'm not sure I shouldn't be jealous."

Laney rolled her eyes. "Tom use to get jealous. But Tommy and I are like brother and sister. I promise you."

A knock on the door caused Laney to jump up. She opened the door with a huge grin. Chris gave her a smile that made her heart flip flop. He had shaved his beard but had a couple days stubble grazing his chin. A dark blue baseball hat was pulled down low but his bright blue eyes stood out from underneath. He had a dark gray t-shirt on and jeans and Laney thought he looked adorable.

"Hi." Laney chewed her lip with a smile.

"Hey beautiful." He responded. He hesitated but then stepped forward kissing her gently.

"Oh easy with the PDA!" Zoey called from the couch.

"Oh shit. Zoey hey." Chris's face flushed red.

"Hey Cap." She lifted her arm and waved without even turning around.

"I'm ready I just need to grab my purse. It's casual right?" She looked down at her outfit. She was in jeans, a simple black top and white jacket paired with some low heels.

"It's definitely casual. Although you look amazing."

"Thank you. I just threw this together."

"She's lying." Zoey yelled. "She changed her outfit 5 times."

Laney turned bright red and Chris laughed.

"Thanks Zo. Love you. Be back later." Laney pushed Chris on his chest backing him out the door.

"Bye Zoey!" Chris called.

"Bye Bam Bam!"

Chris laughed again as they walked down the hall. "She's a trip."

"She is. I'm gonna love having her here. So where are we going to eat?"

"Pizza and beer, how's that sound."

"Perfect."

"Perfect." Chris echoed grabbing her hand, he intertwined their fingers together.

After a low key dinner of pizza and beer Laney invited Chris back to her place. It wasn't late and Zoey was still laying on the couch talking on the phone.

"Oh is that Tommy?" Laney asked as they walked into the fairly dark living room. The only light was that of the television, which was muted.

"Yes. Cinderella and Prince Charming just returned from their date." Zoey said into the phone. She sighed, "Laney your boyfriend says he wants details. I swear your worse than a girl."

Laney laughed. "I'll call you later love." She called.

"I'm going to my room. Good night love birds." Zoey blew a kiss and grabbed her blanket making her way to the guest room that Laney had made up for her.

"You want to watch some tv?" Laney asked picking up the remote.

"Sure....but only if we can make out during commercials." Chris raised an eyebrow stepping towards her he wrapped an arm around her waist and brought his mouth to hers.

"Oh that I definitely think can be arranged." Laney grabbed his shirt pulling him closer to her as they tumbled back on to the couch.

"You have beautiful eyelashes." Laney studied Chris's eyes carefully. They were laying on the couch watching some tv show neither of them were paying much attention to.

"Thanks.....I think." Chris smiled looking down at her. "You have beautiful....everything."

Laney blushed ducking her head against his chest.

"Hey....be my girlfriend." Chris swallowed nervously.

"Really?" Laney slid her hands over his chest and then under her chin propping it up, so she could look him in the eyes.

He nodded pulling his baseball cap low to his eyes.

"I mean I know that we have wild schedules and things won't always be easy, but I've been crazy about you since I met you Laney." He admitted clearing his throat. "I want you to be with me."

"Ok." She said simply then pushed herself up to kiss him softly.