'little does she know...... he thinks about her too'

"Oh Laney is the worst loser!"

The next afternoon, Tommy, Laney, Chris and Scarlett were sitting in a circle at a table on set in the communal area. Laney, Holland and Scarlett all devouring ice cream.
"Have you ever played poker with her?" Holland continued. "She has absolutely no poker face. None." He laughed along with everyone else at the table. "And so she would lose every game. Last summer, playing at her house, she got so mad she went to bed and came back 10 mins later with her piggy bank!" Holland could barely finish the story he was laughing so hard.
Hiddleston passing by couldn't stop himself from walking up and joining the conversation. He hadn't seen Laney since he left her hotel room. She seemed to stiffen up as he approached.
"Do I even want to know?" He questioned looking at Holland gasping for air.
Scarlett laughed. "We're talking about Laney being a sore loser. Apparently last night Evans whipped her tail in JENGA....again."
"He cheats!" Laney pointed at Chris.
"How does one cheat at JENGA?" Chris wanted to know cracking a smile.
"Laney's just a really, really awful loser." Holland jumped back in.
"We need to have game night." Scarlett took the last bite of her ice cream.
"You didn't have one last night?" Hiddleston asked trying to form the pieces together.
"No. Just Laney and Chris." Scarlett couldn't hold back the sly smile that formed looking from Tom to Laney to Chris.
"Oh." Tom felt as though he had been sucker punched in the stomach. Chris and Laney hanging out alone. Was it some kind of a date? He watched the exchange of smiles between Chris and Laney like they shared some sort of secret and he had to excuse himself.
"Think he's a tad bit jealous?" Holland wondered out loud licking his ice cream cone.
"About what?" Laney countered. "Not his business anymore." Her eyes, however, watched him till he disappeared behind a trailer.

"Scarlett." Tom caught up with her as she stepped out of the hair and makeup trailer a few hours later.

"Hey." She turned with a grin.

"Got a second?"

"For you? Always."

"Chris and Laney....are they...." he raised an eyebrow.

Scarlett pursed her lips.

"Oh come now don't make me say it."

Scarlett gave him a coy smile and waited.

"What is this? Secondary school?" He growled between gritted teeth. "Are they dating?"

"No." She shook her head pausing to give him a strange look. "At the risk of sounding like high school I do think they like each other." She added softly.

Tom nodded processing the information slowly.

"Look, I don't know what happened between you two. I spoke to her after the break up and she would barely say 2 words to me. You broke her. But when she's around Chris it's almost like she's back to her normal self. Until you show up. If you do something and start messing with her head, I'll kick your ass."

"I can always count on you to be honest with me no matter how painful." Tom sighed.

Scarlett shrugged.

"I miss her." He said quietly his voice laced with pain. "Seeing her again....."

Scarlett studied his face, which looked tortured. She softened her tone, "Have you talked to her?"

"Briefly when we left the restaurant the other night. We ended up in her hotel room and fell asleep."

"You're kidding me?" Scarlett leaned back against the trailer now fully enthralled by the conversation. "What else happened?"

"Nothing." He replied a little too quickly.

"Doubtful. Come on Hiddles, tell me. I won't tell a soul." She vowed. "Plus if something happened you can pretty much guarantee Holland knows."

Tom frowned but gave in. "We kissed." He looked away.

"Interesting." Scarlett clucked her tongue.

"Whys that?"

"As much as you hurt her? 2 weeks back in Atlanta and you're making out in her bed."

"Not making out. She stopped it."

"And what did you do?"

"I left as she asked me to."

Scarlett was quiet for a moment before finally asking, "Why are you asking me about Chris and Laney?"

"Should I not feel betrayed if she's seeing a mutual friend of ours?"

"Betrayed? Is that the real reason? I mean you did just admit you kissed her. Where'd that come from?"

"Thank you, Scarlett." He flashed her a quick attempt of a smile before turning to walk away.

"Was it something I said?" She called after him holding back a smile.

Laney squeezed her eyes shut waiting for the scene to get called to action once again. Today was definitely the longest day on set she had had in quite a while. She wished she could blame Mackie, but it wasn't even all him. The day just seemed to lag. The only saving grace was Chris was also in this scene and he kept sneaking smiles at her in between takes. It made her heart want to pound out of its chest.

"Earth to Laney!" Mackie's loud voice brought her back to reality.

"Yes?" She looked around everyone's eyes were on her.

"We're going to go back to when you enter the room. We need you over here." Anthony Russo pointed across the stage set.

"Oh right." She tried to laugh it off moving across the space praying her cheeks weren't flushing red.

"Stop daydreaming about my boy over there." Mackie whispered loudly to her as she passed by.

Laney shot him a dirty look.

Chris winked at her as she walked by him, making her want to disappear into the ground. Finally, an hour later they called wrap scene and she sighed a breath of relief.

"I need a drink." She sat down in her director's chair to untie the laces to her Scarlett witch leather boots.

"That sounds like a great idea. Let's go out for drinks!" Mackie's enthusiasm made it hard to say no.

"Chris?" Laney looked over at him.

"I'm in."

"Good!" She clapped her hands together. "I'm going to see if Scarlett and Tommy want to meet us."

"The more the merrier." Mackie cheered. "I'm going to get out of this bird suit. I'll see y'all in 20."