'Thinking of you is a poison I drink often' Atticus

"Hey man!" Tom Holland said casually walking up to Tom Hiddleston who was making a plate of food at the craft services table on set days later.

"Hey." Hiddleston glanced up before turning his attention back to the food.

"How's it going?" Holland grabbed a chicken leg tossing it on his plate. "Eh chicken again."

Hiddleston nodded in agreement. They continued making their plates in silence and Holland followed Hiddleston to a table sitting down across from him.

"Laney not here today?" Hiddleston asked.

"She's here...why?"

"Wondering why you're eating with me and not her." He teased.

Holland laughed. "Well funny you mention Laney.....how are you? You know after your breakup?"

"I've had better days."

"Yeah Laney to." Tom cursed as he realized he had already slipped.

"She's having a hard time?" Hiddleston asked softly.

"Yeah." Holland gave him a strange look, "Of course she is. She just doesn't understand what happened. And I'm gonna be real with you. She called me the day after you left. She was out of her mind hysterical."

Hiddleston set his fork down. He knew she hadn't been ok but he hadn't heard any details about how she was until now. Hearing it out loud was a lot harder then he thought it would be.

"I hate myself for hurting her." Tom admitted.

"I kind of hate you to." Holland replied tightly, narrowing his eyes.

"And Laney?"

Holland shrugged honestly. "I don't know."

"What's going on?" Chris Hemsworth sat down interrupting them.

They both shrugged.

"I'll catch you later man." Holland stood up dumping his plate in the trash he went off to find Laney.

Hiddleston talked with Hemsworth for a while but his mind was on Laney, as it more than often was.

The picture on twitter must have gotten to Laney which is why Holland has come looking for answers. Hiddleston knew how close Laney was to him. Over the course of dating Tom, Laney had stopped hanging out with a lot of her friends. Tom had never asked her to, but he had to admit he didn't mind. He was selfish when it came to Laney and he loved having her all to himself. At some point Laney and Holland had hit it off and Hiddleston wondered if he should be worried even despite their age difference, but he soon realized they really were just the best of friends. He had heard how Holland had been there for Laney after the breakup and he was forever grateful to him for that.

Holland never was able to catch up with Laney, he had to get back on set and by the time he was done for the day she was long gone. Laney had gotten home early that day and was excited to see that her brother had called. Her brother Mike was an IT genius living it up in Silicon Valley. He got engaged to his longtime girlfriend Courtney and their engagement party was at a beautiful outdoor venue on the water in San Francisco. Laney and Tom had gone down for the long weekend booking an outrageous penthouse suite. It had been one of the best weekends of Laney's life.

Mike had called Laney to let her know he would be traveling to Atlanta the next day and would be staying for a few nights for an IT conference. He was hoping she would have some time to catch up. As it turned out Laney was off the next day and was able to rent a car and pick Mike up at the Atlanta airport.