'a mistake repeated more than once is a decision.'

The rain pelted hard against the roof of the restaurant and Laney nervously slid her cup of water back and forth on the table.

"I'm convinced that you're bad luck." Laney narrowed her eyes at Tom.

"Yeah? And why is that?" He bit back an amused smile.

"Anytime I go out to eat with you crazy ass thunder storms come out of nowhere." She grabbed her phone and pulled up the radar.

Tom shrugged. "Maybe it's the universe's way of pushing us together."

"That makes no sense." A clap of thunder made Laney jump. "I hate thunderstorms." She muttered.

"Well maybe it will clear up by the time we leave."

"Doubtful." Laney spun the phone around showing Tom the radar that revealed nothing but red for the rest of the evening. Her phone buzzed in her hand.

"Appears you have a text message." Tom looked away grabbing his beer he took a long sip.

Laney smiled it was from Chris and it was a picture of Dodger. She sent him a quick message back and set her phone down on the table.

"So you and Chris...."

Laney arched an eyebrow. "That's none of your business."

Tom set his drink down. "Your insta-stories staring you, him, Zoey and Holland proved to be very entertaining." He continued.

Laney narrowed her eyes. "I'm not going to have this conversation with you."

"What conversation?" He asked innocently.

Laney shook her head. "This was a mistake coming out to eat with you."

"Oh come on Laney." He rolled his eyes. "I'm just giving you a hard time. Honestly every picture you posted of you with him drove me crazy."

"I'm sorry?" She scrunched her nose.

He laughed at her response. "I know you're angry with me. Just promise me you will think of forgiving me. That's all I need." He looked up his eyes meeting hers.

"I'll considerate it." She said after a long moment.

-----------------------------------------------

Laney clicked on the link Tommy had sent her and barely had time to read it before he called her.

"What were you thinking?" He screeched.

"Well hello to you too." She popped a Cheeto in her mouth.

"You went out with Tom last night?"

"Who's reading Just Jared?" She wanted to know.

"Oh Haz was."

"Hello Laney!" Harrison called. She was clearly on speaker phone. "You looked gorgeous last night."

She had to laugh. "Thank you Harrison. How are you?"

"Good. You?"

"What is this?!" Tom cried. "Why did you go out with Tom last night?"

Laney groaned "He stopped by and offered to take me to dinner. I had no food in my house."

"I've always said your stomach was gonna get you in trouble."

Laney laughed. "It was nothing. We had dinner. We went home separately."