'One day her heart will stop mentioning you.'

Laney was half asleep in her hotel bed watching re-runs of House Hunters on HGTV when someone knocked on the door.

"Zoey I swear if you forgot your key again and are the reason I have to get up right now I will kill you." Laney called as pulled herself out of the bed and over to the hotel door.

"Afraid it's not Zoey." Tom was on the other side.

"Tom. What are you doing here?" She took a step back and adjusted her pajama top pulling it closer together at the top.

"I was hoping you would spare a few moments to talk to me." His eyes were pleading.

"Ok....come in." She stepped aside allowing him to walk in. "What's up?" She closed the door gently behind her.

"Are you happy?" He blurted out.

"What?" Her eyes widened a little.

"With Chris. Does he make you happy? Do you have with him what you had with me?"

"Tom." She looked down before moving across the room sitting on her bed.

"Do you?" He pressed.

"I don't know." She said truthfully. "We've been dating a month. I dated you for 2 years. And for 2 years you were the perfect boyfriend. You were the love of my life. I thought we were going to be together forever."

"We still can be." He crossed the room and knelt in front of her, taking her hand in his. "Laney Love. I miss you terribly. I've messed up. I've tried to give you space but I'm miserable. I want you back."

Laney shook her head. "I'm with Chris. And I'm really happy." Her voice cracked as she said it.

"But are you in love with him? Does he make you feel the way I know I can?"

Laney didn't say anything but pulled her hand free of his.

"I remembered my key!!" The door was pushed open by Zoey. "Oh my gosh. Hiddles! I'm so sorry." She stopped herself and covered her eyes with her hand.

"No, Zo it's not like that. You're not interrupting anything. We were just talking." Laney jumped up as Tom stood up behind her.

Zoey peeked in between her fingers before lowering her hand. "Do you want me to come back?"

"No." Tom slipped past Laney. "I think we are done here. Good Night ladies." He pulled the door behind him.

"What was that?" Zoey jumped on her bed bouncing on her knees.

"He wanted to know if I was happy with Chris and if I had with Chris what I had with him."

"Whaaaat? What did you say?"

"Not much. Just that I haven't been dating Chris that long and it's hard to compare a month to 2 years of virtually a perfect relationship. He said he screwed up and wants me back."

"Shut up. How do you feel about that?"

"I feel like my amazing boyfriend is back home in Los Angeles and I can't wait to get back to see him."

"Wow Lane sounds like you are indeed over Mr. Hiddleston."

Laney nodded with a smile, "I think you're right. I mean when Chris and I first got together, I won't lie Tom was still in the back of my mind. But now I just can't wait to get home to Chris. Tom's not even on my radar."

"That's amazing. I'm happy for you." Zoey walked into the bathroom.

"And what about you? How's it go with Tommy?"

"Perfect." Zoey stuck her head out of the bathroom. "We have so much in common and he cracks me up. And his accent is pretty damn sexy." She bit her lip.

Laney laughed. "Yeah I have to agree. When Tom and I first got together I would have listened to him read the phone book if he wanted to."

Zoey laughed, "I might have to put him up to that....do they still make phone books?"

-------------------------------------

"Who booked an 8 am flight?" Laney mumbled before taking a long sip of coffee. She, Zoey, Tommy and Harrison were waiting to board their flight to Los Angeles and it felt much earlier than 7:30 am.

"You need more coffee." Zoey suggested. "You're so cranky."

"She's the worst in the morning." Tommy jumped in. "Bite your head off if you look at her wrong."

Zoey nodded in agreement.

"No one asked either one of you." Laney narrowed her eyes.

"This flight just got more interesting." Harrison piped up from his seat next to Laney.

"Why's that?" She wanted to know.

Harrison noddedtowards the flight attendant where Hiddleston was handing her his ticket.

"Plane just got a whole lot smaller." Tommy looked from Laney to Tom with a grin.