'Something tells me I'm going to love you forever'

SIX MONTHS LATER

"This is the last box." Laney smiled at the mover.

"Wow." Zoey looked around at the almost bare apartment. "I can't wait for my furniture to arrive. This place looks sad." She laughed.

"You sure you're gonna be ok living alone?"

Zoey rolled her eyes, "Stop asking me that. I've lived alone before. Plus you're like 15 minutes away."

Laney and Chris had gotten and were moving into their own place. Laney was a little uncertain after what had happened with Tom but Chris had reassured her time and again that he wasn't letting her go, not now, not ever.

"Are you excited?" Zoey asked.

Laney nodded, "Nervous."

"Don't be. I know you're scared because of what happened with Hiddles. But Chris is so crazy about you."

Laney shrugged. When Chris had suggested they move in together she had immediately said no. But he had slowly won her over.

"He is." Zoey said confidently.

"Well that's the last of it!" Chris walked into the apartment clapping his hands together, "You ready to go home?" he arched an eyebrow at Laney.

"I am." She smiled shyly. "Let's go home."

_________________________

"Ok I want to make a toast." Tommy cleared his throat.

It was 2 weeks later, Chris and Laney had comfortably settled into their new place. Tommy was in Los Angeles and Chris and Laney had invited him and Zoey over for dinner.

"A toast?" Laney repeated leaning back in her chair.

"Yeah, to you and to Chris and your fantastic new home. Laney, I love you lots. You are my best friend, I am glad that you found happiness with Chris. And Chris I like you well enough mate." He teased, "I'm kidding, sorta. I know Laney loves you and honestly, you're one of the best guys I know. So to Laney and to Chris."

"Here here." Zoey raised her wine glass.

"To us." Laney smiled at Chris.

Later that evening Chris and Laney were climbing in bed exhausted.

"Are you ever sad that it didn't work out with Tom?" Chris asked suddenly out of the blue.

"What?" Laney tilted her head confused, "No, never. Why would you ask that?"

"Well if he hadn't broken up with you, you'd probably still be with him. Maybe even married."

"Maybe." Laney said honestly, "But we did break up. And then I fell in love with you. And I wouldn't change anything that I went through to end up right here right now."

Chris grinned, "You own my heart, you know that right?"

Laney leaned over and kissed Chris softly, "And you own all of mine."