Chapter 2

Rosalie's POV 

"Hey! Get back here!" One of the men called after us.

"Violet run faster!" I screamed over my shoulder as we raced down the stairs. I could hear them gaining on us which, to be honest, wouldn't be that hard seeing as we were in high heels. I heard a loud thud behind me and there was Violet on the ground. "Oh Jesus," I whisper running back towards her, the men turn the corner

"There they are," one of the men yell coming closer.

"Come on Vi," I tried pulling her up but they quickly were standing beside me, towering over us. "Leave us alone! We didn't see anything." I yelled at them.

"Hey, I recognize you two." I saw the man talking and recalled that it was the rude guy that spilled punch all over Violet earlier. "Stephen, Jeff, let's take them back up to the roof." He commanded the others.

"Come on ladies. Don't make this harder than it needs to be." One of the men said. He was wearing a similar black suit and a silver mask.

"For Christ's sake, Jeff just grab them." The rude guy from earlier instructed the guy with the silver mask, Jeff, to grab us. Jeff and the other guy, who was also wearing a black mask and suit, grabbed Violet and lifted her off the ground and grabbed my arm, dragging us both down the hallway.

"Where do you think you're taking us?" She asked.

"Well, I think you and I both know that you heard our conversation. Your eavesdropping won't go unnoticed." The tall man, who wasn't manhandling us, said.

"As if we care about you and your gang." Violet snapped making the tall man look back and smirk.

"You've got a mouth on you, don't you?" The man said and she rolled her eyes. They continued to drag us all the way to the roof. At least we would get up there to see the view like we wanted.

"It absolutely freezing out here could you hurry this up?" I growled, sending daggers at the three of them. They pushed us on the ground before tying our hands behind our backs.

"Is this really necessary?" Violet yelled at them, the guy who had spilled her drink rolled his eyes

"Stop talking!" He barked. "Clearly you two enjoy running off and I don't have time to chase you again so yes, it is necessary."

"It's 11:45. Where's Manny?" The guy, whose name I remembered was Stephen, said. He took off his black mask and looked around the roof. He stared down at us and I saw his green eyes glisten from the dim light on the roof. He was kind of beautiful. His neck was the only skin on him that I could see and it was covered in tattoos.

"He will be here soon. He said midnight." Jeff said as he took off his mask. He looked very young to be in a gang. He had dark brown hair to match his dark eyes and was the smallest of the three men.

The man who spilled the drink on Violet came and kneeled in front of us. "Should we take off your masks to see what you two look like?" He grinned at us. Stephen kneeled and took off my mask. His green eyes pierced into mine. His fingers traced my jaw making me shudder.

"Stay away from me you criminal!" I sneered at him. He got up and laughed as he strolled away.

"You touch me and I will snap your fingers." Violet barked at the rude man from earlier making him chuckle.

"Aren't you feisty. I think I'll kiss you at midnight." He said and she rolled her eyes.

"In your dreams." She said as she scooted away from him.

"Andy, Stephen, stop flirting. He's here." Jeff called to him and he angrily stood up and walked away from us.

"Don't make a sound. Do you understand?" Stephen said to me and I nodded.