Chapter 40

Rose's POV

Violet and I started out of the room on the heels of Andy and Stephen.

"Boys we have to get back to the house," Andy demanded as he headed out of the lobby to the parking lot. Nobody seemed to ask questions and just followed quickly behind. Violet and I made the way to the black car we had come in but Stephen snatched the keys out of my hand before I had the chance to unlock the car.

"Where do you two think you are going?" Stephen asked waving the keys high up.

"To the house, duh" rolling my eyes at his stupid question

"I don't think so, I don't need to be watching out for you while this fight is going down."

"You don't need to watch me, I'm not a child! I'm coming whether you like it or not," I stuck my hand out for the keys. He turned around facing away from me getting into the car with Andy at the wheel.

"You two stay here with Jeff, he could use the company," Andy hollered out the window before speeding out of the parking lot, leaving us in the black smoke from the wheels.

"This is bullshit," I grumbled dragging my feet along back to the hospital Violet hadn't moved. I continued walking figuring she would follow at some point.

"Rose," She said I ignored her almost at the doors. "ROSE!"

"What? I know it's for the best that we aren't there. We would only get in the way, I know. I just hate-" She cut off my rambling

"Jesus Rose, I actually wasn't going to say any of that for once. I'm surprised you didn't put up more of a fight." She said coming up to my side

"I'm tired of fighting with him. It's not worth the fight anymore," I shrugged sitting on the curb, Vi taking a seat next to me.

"Where the hell is the Rose I know?" She angrily stated.

"Violet, you can only have the same fight so many times before it gets old. The same shit is said every time and nothing changes. He isn't going to ever understand that I can take care of myself. So what's the point?"

"Okay well I understand that but what is stopping you from hot-wiring our car and getting our asses over to the house?"

"Cause it'll only cause another fight. I'm tired of fighting Vi."

"Dammit Rose, I'll fucking do it," Violet pushed herself off the curb and walks over to our car. She bends down in the bushes and pulls out a rock.

"Vi what are-" the rock went crashing through the window. "What the fuck,"

"You weren't going to break into the car and get us to the house so I did what I knew how to do," She shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal she had just smashed the window of our car.

"Well, I guess that is one way to get it done," I laughed walking over to the car she was unlocking it and brushing as much glass as she could off the seat.

"So are you going to drive or what?" She said hopping into the passenger side, leaving the driver's side open. I got in and hotwired the car allowing it to come to life.

"The CIA taught me well" I smirked and we took off towards the house. Once we arrived, we were unpleasantly greeted with the loud shouting and sounds of gunfire.