Chapter 23

Violet's POV

After Andy received the call about Stephen trying to single-handedly fight the entire gang, we quickly left the CIA headquarters.

"Why would he try to do that? I understand he is angry but he's angry with us, not you guys." I asked Andy and he sighed and shook his head.

"He has never been good at expressing his emotions. He is angry so he can and will take it out on anyone around him." He said. I frowned. We had caused such a mess.

When we arrived I saw Rose jump out of the car quickly. I reached to open my door but Andy grabbed my hand stopping me.

"Violet, wait." He said in a low voice.

"What? Andy I can't let her go in there by herself."

"And I can't let you get hurt again." I glared at him.

"Rose just ran into the middle of a gang fight unarmed and alone. I'm not going to sit out here while she is unprotected!" I said and he sighed.

"I will go in. You need to wait here in this locked car until I come to get you. You're safer out here." He said and I sighed. I knew he wouldn't leave unless I agreed to follow his orders.

"Okay," I said defeated. He smiled and kissed my hand.

"I shouldn't be long." He said as he got out of the car and beeped it so I was locked inside. I stared at him as he jogged into the house. He ran slightly lopsided, reminding me that he still had a bullet lodged in his hip. Rolling my eyes at his wishes, I unlocked the door and got out.

I walked into the house and heard the yelling. I saw Andy watching carefully as Stephen attacked Jeff. I stayed silent but ran over to Jeff once Stephen was away from him.

"I specifically told you to stay in the car!" Andy yelled at me.

"I've never been one to take orders." I said to him and he narrowed his eyes at me and was about to fight back but I spoke before he could, "Jeff, are you alright?" I asked and he wiped his face and sat up.

"Yes, I'm fine. Stephen has lost it. I don't know what we are going to do." He said looking from Andy to me. I sighed and shook my head before speaking.

"Rose is the only person that can fix this."

The fight had died down and Todd made sure Stephen went to his room alone. Rose, Andy, Jeff and I sat in the living room.

"I don't know what to do about him," Jeff said sadly.

"We will figure it out. We always do." Andy said. I yawned and leaned into his body. "Would you like to go to bed?" He whispered in my ear sending shivers down my back.

"Yeah. I'm going to stay with Rose. I don't want her to be alone tonight." I said and he nodded understanding.

"I'm fine Vi. Go stay in Andy's room." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"I will stay with her," Jeff said.

"I don't think Stephen would like that very much..." I commented and everyone uncomfortably laughed.

"I meant on the other bed. Just until she falls asleep. Then I will slip out and go to my room. Just to make sure you're alright after today." Jeff said. I was surprised he was being so sweet after everything that had happened.

"Alright. Are you okay with that?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Good, because I need someone to help me get this bullet out," Andy said. I looked at him shocked.