Chapter 21

Violet's POV

"Violet. Vi, please. Breathe." I heard a voice and my eyes fluttered open. I felt like I had to throw up. I sat up and coughed hard. There was so much water in my lungs. Was I dead? "Oh thank god!" The voice said and I felt myself being hugged tightly. I looked up and saw Andy.

"Andy?" I asked

"Yes baby, I'm right here. You're okay. Everything is okay." He said. He hadn't stopped hugging me.

"Where is Rose? And Jeff?" I asked. He released me and pointed. Rose was laying on the ground covered in blood with Jeff and Stephen by her side. "What happened?" I asked trying to get up. I was so lightheaded I fell over back into Andy's arms.

"Vi take it easy. They're fine."

"Where are the Cobras?" I asked getting scared. Sensing my fear Andy gently stroked my face. I looked deep into his concerned eyes.

"I took care of them. Every last one of them. Including their boss." He said.

"You killed all of them?" I asked shocked. He nodded.

"Only the ones that were here. And I had help from the gang. Violet, they tried to kill you. They had to be killed."

"I'm sure you know about what we did...to Jeff," I said sadly and he nodded.

"And I am furious about that. Jeff is my brother and the fact that you wanted to kill him enrages me. I don't know if I can trust you after this." He said and I felt sad.

"Then why did you save me? If you can't trust me what was the point of saving me just to leave me and break my heart again? I was pretty much dead. You should've just left me." He grabbed my face and tenderly kissed me. My heart fluttered and I weakly kissed him back.

"You betrayed my brother and my gang. But Violet I'm in love with you. I love you too much to just let you die, or even to hate you for this." He said and I looked at him shocked. Did he just tell me he loved me?

"Andy. I love you too." I said and he smiled and hugged me tightly.

"I'm just glad no one got hurt. If you cross me again I won't be as forgiving." He said. I pulled away and looked deep into his eyes.

"Never again. I promise I will tell you everything and I won't hurt you or any of the guys. I'm sorry Andy." I said and he lightly smiled.

"I forgive you. Seeing you almost dead made me realize I would do just about anything for you. I will always keep you safe." He said and I smiled and weakly cuddled into his chest.

"I'll try to listen to you more," I said and he smiled.

"I'm glad you're finally being obedient. It's about time Sweetheart." He said and I chuckled before passionately kissing him.

"Vi, are you okay?" I heard Rose say as she approached me. Andy helped me sit up and I hugged her carefully.

"I'm fine. What the hell happened to you?" I asked.

"I got shot. I jumped in front of it to save Jeff." She said and I raised my eyebrow.

"Noble of you. Stupid, but noble. We need to go to the hospital." I said and she chuckled and agreed. I helped her keep her balance as Andy stood up next to us.

"You two have some major explaining to do," The boys said in unison. Rose explained everything before I could even open my mouth. I was focused on their reactions. Stephen was angrier than I had ever seen him. Rose pushed me away from her.

"Rose, please don't do this," I begged her to not run away from us. I knew that what we had done was wrong, but leaving us all wasn't any better.

"Vi, you're happy here and you love Andy and he loves you. That's all I've ever wanted. For you to be happy. You have a great job and now a great group of people behind you. Just let me go." She said as she took off running to one of the many dark SUVs. I couldn't believe she just left. It didn't matter how happy Andy made me, I needed my best friend back. I turned to the boys to see their reactions. Jeff had joined us standing on the dock.