Chapter 33

Violet's POV

"Andy I will be fine here. You go take care of the fight and come back to me." I begged him to not drag me back to the house.

"What part of 'you're not leaving my sight' do you not get Sweetheart? Now let's go. Rose sounded frantic and I don't want anyone else getting hurt." He said as he grabbed my wrist and lead me downstairs to his car. I hopped in the passenger seat and he floored the gas pedal. He honked at slow-moving drivers causing them to flip him off.

"What do you mean anyone else?" I nervously asked. I hope Rose was okay.

"Todd got shot. I'm sure he's fine." He said. I hated how lightly he treated gunshots. He sped up the driveway of The House and threw the car into park. "Violet please, I need you to actually listen to me and stay in this car." He looked at me sternly. I didn't want to defy him this time because I knew there were strangers in there that wouldn't hesitate to shoot anyone. They had already shot Todd. "Please." He said. I gave him a shy smile and stroked his face.

"I will stay here. Don't worry about me, just to save everyone and don't get shot this time." I said and he smiled and kissed me quickly before getting out of the car and running into the house. I didn't hear anything so I decided to lay low. I was biting my nails thinking about what was happening and hoping that everyone was okay.

A while had passed and I saw Rose pop the screen out of an upstairs window. I had no idea what this girl was planning. I saw her hop to the ground and she came over to me and explained her thinking. Soon after she entered the house, I heard lots of gunfire and Andy and Stephen came out carrying Todd's bloody body. I hopped out of the car and opened the backdoor. Andy then drove Todd and me to the hospital.

"Andy what happened? Is he okay?" I asked looking back at Todd who was barely breathing.

"I don't know. I don't even know what the fight was about, or where all the men who live in this house are!" He said angrily gripping the steering wheel and speeding down the freeway. I gently touched his thigh and he looked over at me.

"Todd will be fine Andy." I tried to reassure him but his facial expression remained hard and he kept driving in silence. We arrived at the hospital and some nurses came out to help us. They carried him inside and told us to stay in the waiting room. Soon Rose and Stephen arrived, and Jeff, Jackson, and some others arrived after. They all sat worried in the waiting room. Eventually, a doctor came out of swinging double doors and walked towards us. She removed her green surgeon's cap and spoke sadly to us.

"Hello everyone, are you here for Todd Martinez?" She asked.

"Yes, we are. How is he doing?" Jackson was the first to ask. I thought it was strange how he just arrived or arrived back, and already seemed so concerned for Todd.

"His injuries were severe. The bullet pierced his abdomen and caused a lot of internal bleeding. Despite our best efforts, his heart couldn't take all of that trauma, and it gave out on the operating table. I am so very sorry." She said. The room was silent for what seemed like hours.

"He's dead?" Stephen blurted out. All at once the guys shifted and got up. Pacing the room, shouting profanities. Andy and Jackson stormed out of the waiting room. I looked at Rose who had tears welling in her eyes. I felt bad because I knew those two had gotten close. I hugged her and she cried on my shoulder. Seeing her cry caused me to start shedding tears.

"I'm so sorry," I said and she hugged me tighter. When we pulled away I noticed we were the only ones left in the waiting room, along with the doctor.

"Again I am so sorry for your loss. We tried our very best, sometimes the body just can't take all of the stress." She said and I nodded.

"Thank you, doctor," I said. "Rose we should go find the boys before they start setting cars on fire in the parking lot," I said and she chuckled and followed me outside. Only Andy, Stephen, and Jackson were outside.