Chapter 29

Violet's POV

I lined up my shot. Andy's strong arms wrapped around my back and held my hands over the gun.

"Andy I think I can manage this part by myself," I said and he grinned.

"I just want to make sure you don't hold it too loosely. That recoil could smack you right in your pretty little face." he said kissing my hair. I rolled my eyes and shot. I just barely clipped the edge of the target paper, no where close to the person I was supposed to hit. I groaned frustrated. I tried a few more times and still couldn't quite get where I wanted. "Can I offer some help now?" Andy said smirking at me. I frowned and nodded.

"This is harder than it looks." I said sadly.

"You'll get the hang of it. Here." He said as he gave me some pointers. I took another shot and I hit near the center of the paper person's body. I threw my arms in the air and cheered as Andy smiled at my excitement.

"Did you see that?! I did it!"

"I never doubted you." He said and I blushed.

"i'm gonna quit while i'm ahead." I said as I began to walk away from him. Andy grabbed my wrist.

"No you're not, keep going. You need at least 5 bullseyes. Then we can be done." He said. I pouted at him and crossed my arms. "Stop pouting. Pick up the gun and go again." He instructed and I made a disgusted face at him and did what I was told. I felt his face creep towards my neck. "I love it when you take orders." he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"Andy, let me focus." I complained. I lined up and only missed the center by a few inches this time. I was getting better. I shot a few more rounds and got 4 bullseyes.

"Keep going Vi." Andy said. I really focused. I knew I could do it. I lined it up with the center of the target and hit the bullseye! Finally I got 5. excited, I slammed the gun down and smiled at Andy. I forgot to put the safety back on like Andy told me and I heard the gun go off as I set it down. Frightened, I jumped toward Andy and saw the bullet shoot off of the divider and ricochet behind us, hitting Jackson in the shoulder. My hands flew to cover my dropping jaw.

"Oh my god! Jackson!" I said running to him. Andy took the time to unload the gun and put the safety on. He screamed in pain and fell to the floor. All of the guys crowded around him. "Are you okay? Im so sorry I didn't mean to...it was an accident I...I'm so sorry!" I couldn't find the right words. I had just shot a Spade. I had never shot anyone!

"What happened?" Rose asked as she appeared in the crowd of people.

"Guys we need to get him to the hospital to get fixed up." Rick said. I felt so bad. It felt like my heart stopped as I looked at his pained face.

"Andy! Your untrained girlfriend just shot me!" Jackson said. I felt my throat tighten as he got angry at me.

"it was an accident Jackson! I swear I just set the gun down and I forgot the safety. I'm so sorry." I tried to apologize.

"I've known her for 5 minutes and she's already put a bullet in me. Where the hell did you find this chick?!" he got angry at Andy. I frowned and got up.

"I'm sorry Jackson. Do you want me to take you to the doctor?" I offered.

"Hell no! Stay away from me." He snapped and I frowned.

"Jackson c'mon. It was an accident. Don't be a dick." Andy defended me.

"I have a bullet in my bicep and I'm somehow a dick? Yeah. Okay." He sassily remarked. "Jeff. Will you please drive me to the hospital." He said and Jeff agreed. I frowned and watched them walk away.

"Guys I'm sorry. I really don't know what happened. I-"

"Violet. it wasn't your fault." Andy tried to help.

"Except it was. I should've remembered to put the safety on. What a stupid mistake." I stressfully ran my fingers through my hair. "I feel terrible Andy." I said.

"I know you do. Jackson just has a temper. He will come around."

"I don't blame him if he doesn't. I'm never touching a gun again." I said. Andy rolled his eyes.

"How the hell did you shoot him?!" Rose asked as she walked up to me.

"I just slammed the gun down with the safety off and it went off and I heard a scream and...it all happened so fast." I said sadly. Andy pulled me into his chest.

"It'll be okay. Let's go home." He said and I shook my head.

"I don't think I can see Jackson. Can I please go to my apartment? Just for the night." I asked Andy, as if I needed permission to go to my own house.

"You know how I feel about you being there." He said and I frowned up at him.

"Please. I just need to be away from all of this for the night. I obviously want you to come with me." I said and I saw his face light up.

"You do?" he asked surprised. I nodded confused.

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked.

"Usually you go to your apartment to avoid me." He shrugged. I chuckled.

"Andy I just shot someone. I don't really want to be alone tonight. Can we please go to my apartment?" I asked again and he nodded.

"Sure Sweetheart. I'll have to go grab some clothes and get a car though. You can stay in the car while I do that if you'd like." He said and I nodded.

"I just don't want to see Jackson after all of this. I'm not sure I can ever face him again." I frowned and he shook his head.

We all left the shooting range and went back to the Spade's house. I waited in the black SUV while Andy, Stephen, and Rose went inside. Soon Andy came back and we headed to the apartment.

We arrived and I slumped on to the couch. "I feel so bad. Have you heard anything from Jackson?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"He's equally angry with the both of us. He will come around Violet don't worry." Andy slug his arm around my shoulder and I leaned into him.

"I can't believe I shot him." I whispered.

"It's not like you took aim and fired at him. It was an accident." He said and I shrugged.

"I guess you're right. I just met him and I know he's like a brother to you. I can't help that I want him to like me." I frowned

"He will like you once he gets over this. Try to not think about it for now." He said. I frowned and agreed that he was probably right. We ate dinner and then went to sleep. I hoped this whole situation would blow over soon.