Harry- Fake Friends

A/N: Hey. So, this is inspired by a true story that happened to me (tell me if you want me to take it down). I couldn't find a proper way to let this out of my chest. I know, I may be making a big deal out of this, so I apologize to my friends who are involved in this. One of whom, is here in wattpad. If you suddenly decided to read this, I'm truly sorry.

Additional to that, in this story, I gave names for your friends.

>>>>>

You were walking happily down the halls. You had treats from abroad that you brought for all your friends. You cared for them so much. You decided to get personal gifts for them (which you always do). You got Sarah, exclusive merchandise of her favorite muggle band, knowing she loved them so dearly. You got Anna, tickets to see one of her favorite singers that was gonna perform later that year. And finally, you got Ina, a portable piano, knowing she loved to play the muggle instrument.

You entered the Great Hall to see Sarah and Ina huddled together. You smile and skip to them.

"-yeah. Basically that's how-"

"Hey guys!" You smiled cheerily at them as you sat next to them. You set your bag full of gifts next to you as you turned to them.

"Oh. Hey, Y/n." Sarah smiled at you. You grinned back as you waved at Ina.

"I have gifts for you guys!"

"Really Y/n? You shouldn't have..." Ina smiled shyly at you.

"Oh hush. You know, even if you say that I'll still give you guys something." You grinned as you pulled out their gifts, both wrapped by you.

You watched as happiness filled both their faces. Sarah was the first to look up.

"THANK YOUUU!" She engulfed you in a hug. You happily hugged back, since Sarah never really liked to hug you.

Next was Ina. She grinned like a cat as she saw your present for her.

"You know me so well. Thank you, Y/n." She hugged you too.

You smiled at your friends as you waved and got up to find Anna. Anna was your bestest friend out of the three of them. You both met in your 5th year as you both were into the same things. You eventually found her and gave her your gift. You smiled, happy to be the reason why your friends smiled so brightly today.

>>>>>

You sighed as you watched Sarah hang out with her other friends. She was able to hang out with them as they developed their friendship, because of their interest in the same band. You smiled seeing the bright smile placed on her lips. You turned back to your food, poking and playing with it.

"What's wrong Y/n?" You looked up at Ina. You smiled at her.

"Nothing. I'm fine." You grinned.

She nodded and turned back to her food.
With one last look at Sarah and your friends, you stood up and went to class.

>>>>>

"So, class. Today we will be working in groups. The last names on the board shall show you who your groups are. Go find your groups." You looked at the board, scanning each name fast as you tried finding your last name. You grinned as you found yours and looked through the list. You smiled happily as you saw a certain name on the list.

Harp, Ina

You headed towards your group as you went to greet Ina. You stopped next to her and smiled. She stared at you then paid attention to your proffessor. You frowned, but shrugged it off.

"Okay guys. So we have equal members so we can write about multiple topics,"
After a few minutes of your leader talking, he started naming people. He listed all of them except for you and Ina.

"Ina and Y/n, that leaves both of you. Is it okay if you guys work with each other?"

You nodded happily as you saw Ina nod slowly. Your smile faltered, but it didn't go away.

You decided not to talk with Ina for the rest of the class, assuming she needed alone time.

>>>>>

You were skipping down the hallway in a great mood. You were finding your friends since you had a free period. Your skipping came to a halt when you heard three scarily familiar voices.

"Ever since you left, Sarah. Y/n's jealousy got the best of her. That's what started this drama." Your smile dropped from your face as your shoulders dropped.

Were they really talking behind your back?

They knew you had a problem. From your 1st year to 4th, you couldn't find true friends. They all went against you. Used you. Or left you. When you finally found them, you were happy. You loved them like they were your family. What they were saying just added to the knife wounds on you back.

"Oh. I understand now." Sarah sighed as she looked a bit disappointed. Your eyes started to water as you rapidly tried to build up your walls that took years to build and only a couple of months to break. You quickly turned around as you broke out into a run to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. You let your tears fall as you stared at yourself in the mirror.

"What's wrong with me?" You whispered as you stared at yourself. You thought of all the things you did for them. And yet somehow, you still weren't enough. You couldn't decide whether to be sad, or angry at them. Either way, you felt numb. You knew this feeling all too well. You couldn't understand. You were so loyal to them, and yet you weren't okay for them. You stared at yourself as you cried.

"Y/n?" You turned around as you saw Harry Potter standing there.

"Oh... Uhm... Sorry..." you laughed weakly as you wiped away your tears. You grinned at him as you laughed.

"Sorry. I must look like a mess..." you grinned as he kept a concerned face.

"Y/n... Why were you crying?" Harry's question caused you to tense. You didn't want to think about it, or face the truth that the people you trusted the most, didn't trust you.

"Oh, that. Haha, nothing... I was just being a baby." You smiled at him as he walked closer to you. You looked at him strangely as he grasped your hand.

"It's okay Y/n. Even if it was silly. You can tell me." He smiled slightly at you. You looked up at him as your tears brimmed your eyes once again. Your lip trembled as you tried to keep the tears in.

"I-I don't know why... I c-can't keep a good friendship. W-why... Am I not good enough? H-harry, I-I did everything I could and-and I still wasn't e-enough!" You sobbed as he pulled you into a hug. You cried into his shoulder as he whispered sweet nothings into your ear.

He pushed you gently until you were arms length away from him.

"You are enough Y/n. Whoever decided to leave you are not in their right mind." His hand cupped your cheek as you looked into his eyes.

"Please believe me, Y/n."

"Please, don't let me regret trusting you..." you breathed.

"Never."

>>>>>

A/N: This is more emotional than I thought. I cried a lot while writing this. I finally could say what I actually felt. It feels good.