Harry- My Light | 3

ah. the long awaited part 3 :DD

hi!! how are you all doing? i hope you're all staying safe and taking care of yourselves! the weekend is such a blessing to me rn school's been stressful hehe but anyways i hope you guys enjoy this!

TRIGGER WARNINGS— some light swearing!

NOTE— i genuinely love this lil series hehe

SONG— ILYSB (stripped); Lany

YOUR POV:

MY EYES WIDENED AS I quickly turned, his soft gaze landing on me. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I couldn't bring myself to move. Seeing him in front of me conflicted me. The whole purpose of showing myself to him was for him not to take the same path I had, though that had failed miserably.

"Don't cry, please." I had been so immersed in my thoughts that I hadn't processed him moving any closer, let alone his hand reaching up to cup my cheek. I flinched away from his touch, refusing to believe this is real. "No."

His eyes flashed with pain, he was quick to hide it though.

"You're not real! I'm just seeing things..." I mumble, shaking my head as I softly hit myself a couple times. I hear him take small steps forward, his voice coming out soft and almost sad. "This is real, Red."

My head snaps up at the nickname, my cheeks stained with tears as his sad eyes meet mine. The ache in my heart grows as the guilt continues to consume me. "No!" I scream out, putting distance between the boy and myself. "How could you do this?!" I spat, avoiding his gaze. I could feel his confusion radiating off of him, but seeing him here was too much.

"What do you mean, Red?" He murmurs desperately, trying to reach out for me. I shake my head as my eyes finally meet his. He seems taken aback by the anger flaming in them. "Why?! Did you kill yourself you bloody bastard!" The silence that resonates after my angered yell seems almost deafening. I could see sadness swirling in his eyes, before his anger takes over. "Yes—"

"Why?! Why take away your life so selfishly?! You were healing!" I yelled, grabbing fistfuls of my hair as I continued to grow frustrated. "Just like you did?"

His question, almost like a knife, stabs me right in the chest. Perfectly piercing my heart. I could see the regret in his eyes but I shake my head, dismissing his feelings. "Yes. Exactly like me. Why, huh? Was it worth it?!" I spat angrily, the anger in his eyes return as he storms toward me.

"I thought it was. I thought it would be because I loved you, Y/n. I loved you, and I looked forward to the nights you'd come over and bring those damn lollies," He chuckles bitterly, though when his eyes meet mine, I could tell he was far from amused. "Though, you're starting to make me think this was the wrong choice." He murmurs angrily, the distance between us has closed, his face a mere inch or two away from mine.

"I showed myself to you, because I saw myself in you." I whisper, the tears burning my eyes, though I refuse to let them fall. "Us angels... We're meant to save people like you. People who need our help, but refuse to ask for it." I breathe in shakily, a lone tear rolling down my cheek.

"And I failed. In more ways than one. How pathetic, right?" I laugh quietly, burying my face in my hands. "All I needed to do was to let you live your life in peace. Get you to see that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and yet here you are. Your fate was the same as mine!" I sob quietly, my tears drenching my hands. My body stiffens as I feel his arms wrap tightly around me.

"You didn't fail, Red." He whispers quietly, softly running his fingers through my hair. My sobs increase as I fully let myself give into his embrace. "You did show me the light, Y/n. You."

He pushes me away from him slightly, brushing the hair that had stuck onto my face due to my tears. His emerald eyes gaze into my puffy and red ones as he smiles ever so softly. "You're my light, Y/n. You gave me something to live for. Knowing that I had to continue living my life without you was..." He trails off, his face contouring in pain. Instinctively, I reach a hand up to cup his cheeks. He smiles slightly letting his tears fall. "I didn't want to lose you."

His words ignite the butterflies in my stomach as my eyes soften. I pull him into me, sighing ever so slightly. I ran my fingers through his hair, shushing him as he sobs loudly. "You didn't lose me, Blue." The nickname slips passed my lips, setting my cheeks ablaze. "I can feel the heat of your cheeks from here, Red." He murmurs, pulling away from me. I smile, embarrassed.

"I love you, Y/n." He whispers, staring into my eyes. I feel my cheeks flame as I bite my lip. His eyes immediately zero in on my lips as I laugh slightly. "Really?"

"Because I love you too, Harry." He grins, his cheeks flaming pink as well. Just as I'm about to point it out, he pulls me into him and crashes his lips against mine. The kiss is slow and passionate, I could almost feel his love pouring out through the kiss. He pulls away after a bit; leaning his forehead against mine. "Sorry. I couldn't--"

"Oh shut up, Blue." I mumble, tugging on his tie to connect our lips once more.

HARRY'S POV:

GROANING, I LIFT MY arm up to shield the burning sunlight from my eyes. I reach for my glasses on my side table, though it comes into contact with something before falling to the ground with a soft thump. Frowning, I put on my glasses before gazing down on the floor.

"A blue lolly?" I murmur, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. It's been a while, huh.

"Oh Harry! You're awake!" Nurse Ella walks in cheerfully, holding a plate of breakfast for me. I smile slightly, placing the lolly on the table. "How's your sleep?" She questions softly, preparing my table for me.

"Pretty good. I had such a... Weird dream, though." I frown at the blurry memory. I couldn't make out the girl's face, though the love I felt for her was almost... Too real. Nurse Ella nods, writing down my worry on her small clipboard. "Doc says that's part of the side effects of the pill, though it should decrease over time." She smiles happily, waving at me, before leaving me to the silence of my room.

The image of the young girl creeps into my mind, my heart flutters at the thought of her, though I couldn't put a face on her. I remember how good it felt to finally have someone who understood me, I feel a little disappointed now that I know she isn't real.

My eyes catch a small lump sitting on my chair, the unfamiliar piece of cloth intrigues me. I sit up, gently pushing my tray of food away. I rush over to the chair, picking up the item.

"A jumper?" I murmur, staring at the piece of clothing that definitely isn't mine. It was more feminine, but gave me a sense of nostalgia, further confusing me.

"Oh what the hell. It must be the pills." I shrug, tossing the jumper back on the chair. I get back in my bed, plugging in my earphones.

Who are you, girl?

please don't kill me; part four? 😳

unedited