Luna- Skates

hii!! how is everyone doing? i hope you all are staying safe and well <3 i promise i'll work on requests TT

NOTEthis is another one set in the 'muggle' world! i really love writing oneshots like these, i think they're a lot more fun hehe

SONG— Snow; Ricky Montgomery

"WELCOME!" I BREATHED WITH a smile plastered on my face, a poor attempt to hide the layers of exhaustion weighing me down. A lady steps into the small cafe, her eyes scanning the menu displayed above me. Her left hand clutches a seemingly overflowing bag as she approaches the counter.

"I'd like to have an Iced Caramel Latte, please." Her soft voice mutters as she rummages through her bag for her wallet. I nod, tapping the screen in front of me softly. "That would be a pound eighty-six, ma'am." I clear my throat as she meets my gaze. Collecting the money from her bag, her gloved hand places the exact amount onto the counter.

"May I have a name?" I glance up tiredly as she mutters her name and leaves to find a table. I quickly scribble down her name on a paper cup, getting to work on her latte.

LUNA'S POV:

MY PHONE LIGHTS UP AS I laugh at the silly texts coming through from the boys. My hands clutched the heavy white skates as I trudged through the dark streets. I could feel the excitement building inside me as I hum under my breath. Skating had always been some sort of stress reliever to me, and tonight was just one of the perfect nights to head to the rink. My eyes brightened as the small rink lit by fairy lights came into view. I could feel the adrenaline from here.

"Don't worry Mei. I'm just at the rink. Yeah. Go eat." An unknown voice catches my attention as my steps slowly come to a halt. A gorgeous girl sits before me, her worn out skates already on her feet. For a while, she struggles to get up on her own, though she manages. I watch as she stumbles slightly on the ice and for a moment I dread having to watch her fall over.

"Hey, girl!" I smile as she jumps slightly, her head snapping over to me as she clutches her chest. Bright pink spreads across her cheeks, only making her look even more adorable. The puff on her beanie shakes slightly as she stares.

"S-sorry?"

I laugh as I put on my skates with ease. The feeling of familiarity flowing within me as I step onto the ice. She watches me with awe as I easily glide over to her. "Do you need any help?"

I grin as she blinks, just barely registering what I had said. "Erm... No. But do you want me to leave? 'Cause I totally—"

Laughing, I shake my head as I shove my hands in my pockets. "It's not like it's my rink." She blushes again as she nods. An awkward silence falls between us before I clear my throat and reach my hand out. "I'm Luna, by the way."

She looks startled for a second before blushing once more. She envelopes her warm hand around mine, shaking them gently. "I'm Y/n."

My eyebrows raise at the heat radiating from her palm. I smile softly as she continues to avoid my eyes. "Your hands are pretty warm for being on a rink." I chuckle as I skate around her, trying to warm up my legs. Her eyes watch me as she clears her throat.

"Er, I did just get here." I nod, finding the comfortable silence around us bearable. I assumed she didn't really want to talk, seeing as I was a complete stranger to her. Though, her shyness completely intrigued me. She looked adorable in her little winter outfit, her jacket practically engulfing her small frame.

"You're really good..." She mumbles as her cheeks blaze. My eyes catch her timid figure standing close to the wall, her fingers playing with each other. I laugh slightly, skating over to her side. "I can teach you if you'd like?" She stares at me for a couple seconds before smiling slightly.

"I'd like that."

"Y/n!" I giggle as she skates around me. Her hair flows freely around her, her beanie now resting on my head. She had somehow convinced herself my head was gonna get a brain freeze if I continued skating with no beanie on.

"Luna!" She mocks as she smiles widely. For the past few months, we had been meeting up at the same rink, the same time. She had gotten immensely better at skating, to my surprise. Watching her that first night hurt my soul.

"How're you so good?!" Y/n whines as she watches me land an axel. I laugh at her as I stop next to her. I pull her beanie off my head, placing it gently back onto hers. "Hey—!"

"I used to skate professionally." I cut her off, offering her a lopsided smile. Her jaw drops as I laugh. "No way! That's so cool!" I blush, waving her off.

Suddenly, she smiles widely. I turn my attention to her, raising an eyebrow. "What?" Giggling, she links her arms with mine as she turns her face dangerously close to mine.

"Do you have any routines?" I immediately wiggle out of her grasp, shaking my head profusely. She pouts as she tries to reach for me again.

"No! I am not showing you anything!" I laugh as she tries to keep up with me skating away from her. "But Looney!!"

The nickname makes me freeze. Y/n's movements also halt as her cheeks flame.

"I-I'm sorry..! It just slipped out... I didn't mean to call you—" She lets out a little shriek as she stumbles over her skates. I quickly rush over to her, catching her right before she can hit the ice. Her cheeks were even rosier than before, something I didn't even think could happen.

"You're alright." I whisper breathless. Having her this close to me was sending my heart into a frenzy as she bit her lip and avoided my gaze. "Don't do that."

I whisper. Her eyes snap to mine as she furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "Do what?" She questions softly. My eyes travel to her lips as I reach my thumb up to pull her bottom lip from her teeth.

"Don't be so tempting, Y/n." I whisper, feeling my heart drum against my heart. My hand stops at her cheek, the warmth from her blush felt amazing against my skin. I could feel myself leaning in, slowly. I hesitate, afraid this isn't what she wanted.

"Y/n?" An unfamiliar voice snaps me out of my daze as I try to find where the voice had come from.

"Mei!"

how'd you guys like that? :D i actually wrote as a hermione oneshot at first but i realized i already wrote a hermione one last time so lolololol

unedited

TILL NEXT TIME

Z