Hermione- Bodyguard

hi! i hope you all are doing well :3 there's a typhoon hitting my area and i hope to those of you who know where this is at, i hope you all are staying safe! please be well:( i'm pausing on the requests for right now because i really wanted to write this one, i'll be back to writing the rest of the requests after this :3

NOTE— this is a royalty au! :3 it's also wlw so i hope none of you are uncomfy with that,, i've always wanted to write a wlw imagine so i hope this goes well :D; btw!! if you want to leave some song recommendations for me, i'll give them a listen and maybe i'll write an imagine off it!

SONG— Daydreamin'; Ariana Grande

THIRD PERSON POV:

"GATHER UP! THERE are a few important announcements for me to make."

The big group of trainees momentarily staggered in their positions, turning their attention to the booming voice. Collectively, they had all been shocked at the sight of the King's personal messenger standing before them. They hadn't been training long, the chances some of them would be getting promoted to official ranks this early were unlikely. Nonetheless, they watched the boy curiously, anxiously waiting for the words he had to say.

"Miss... Y/n Y/ln?" He spoke, uncertain. He turned to them as he looked up from the note he held in his hands. Scanning the crowd, his eyes zeroing in on the enthusiastic girl who had stepped up in front of the rest.

"Ahem. Miss Y/l/n, the King and Queen have not only noticed your exemplary skills, but your incredible improvement given the short amount of time you have been training has caught their attention." The y/h/c haired girl's jaw had dropped to the floor as a light blush covered her cheeks.

"Upon further investigation, it has come to their attention that you have applied in order to train to become a castle guard, am I correct?"

"Yes, that is correct, sir." She cleared her throat, feeling the slight nudge from her friends standing in the front row. Was she about to get promoted?

Smiling slightly, the boy neatly folded the note in his hands back into it's small form, he locked eyes with the girl, watching as her eyes glimmer with hope and confusion.

"As of today, Miss Y/n Y/l/n will be training to be the Princess' personal bodyguard."

HERMIONE'S POV:

"MUM! I'LL BE IN THE garden if you need me!" Knocking softly, I peeked my head in as my mother was taking off her reading glasses. "Alright, my love."

I grinned as I shut her door. The little satchel sitting on my hip bounced with every step I took, the excitement filling me. I spent most my days in the little garden we have, it was my little safe space. Discovering that little garden has probably been one of the best things I've ever experienced, especially since a lot of my cherished memories are spent there.

"Hey, Princess!" I broke out of my thoughts as I turned to whoever had addressed me. My eyes locked with y/e/c eyes, pulling me into a trance. The girl looked to be about my age, maybe older, though she was stunning. The pin resting on her chest told me she was training to be a castle guard.

"Hi." I breathed, caught off guard that someone as beautiful as her had stepped foot into our castle. She smiled, revealing the dimples she had on her cheeks as she stuffed her hands into her pocket. "You're much more laidback than I expected, Princess."

Her statement caught me off guard, my brows furrowing. "What?" Giggling, she jumped down from the small ledge she had herself settled on.

"Everyone's just... Super formal, I guess. I expected you to want me to call you 'Your Highness', or something. Of course, I still can if that's what you want." She grinned as I laughed at her rambling. I played with the strap of my satchel, struggling to keep eye-contact with her.