Chapter 5

"I'll come back anyway Cerine!" he says. He seems to be interested in me.

"Who was that?"

"A friend I made in town. I asked him to send a note back to my friends back home, and now he seems interested in me. I asked him not to come back again and of course you all heard the last thing he said." I say frowning and they look at each other. Maria and Olive look upset. Ladies shouldn't put down gentlemen, unless certain exceptions.

"I'm not very happy about it because he doesn't seem, very respectable. He may wear nice suits but his words are very. Crass." I say quickly trying to fix the situation he created for me. Their faces change to very understanding looks.

"Oh I see. I hope he doesn't think he can take liberties with you." Olive says. Cassie is quietly embarrassed about this conversation.

"Oh that's enough conversation about this." I say. They all nod. That's when the boy appears again.

"Hello." he says focusing on me. Attention from him is not welcome, though he may be somewhat cute.

"Hello." I say and attach myself to Cassie.

"Excuse me, but Cassie and I need to go." I say turning my attention back to Maria and Olive.

"I need to show her the new book I got. A tale of two cities. A very interesting read." I say linking arms with her.

"I've read that already. Know the beginning word for word. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It was was the year of beginnings it was the year of ends." Says the boy and he would've continued if I hadn't cut him off.

"I know it word for word also so you don't need to repeat it." I say and the girls look shocked. The boy looks annoyed.

"You speak to me this way. You may be of the court but you are still below me." Ah so he is a prince. No wonder he is a snob.

"Excuse my rudeness." I say curtsying, putting on an apologetic mask.

"I'm from out of the country, so I do not know those of this area." I say and he still looks annoyed. He can tell I'm faking, but he won't say anything in front of the others. I subtly look to the door. He notices and comes down the stairs to me holding out his hand, palm up. So I place my hand in his and he grasps my hand tightly, an almost bruising force.

"We must talk more later. Madam-?"

"Madam Fanly." I say reluctantly." He pulls back. I almost groan. Now he will be constantly watching me. I need to act perfect all the time when surrounded by people, and stay away from pirate crews.

"We shall talk more later Madame Fanly." he says and walks smoothly up the stairs and disappears inside.