Chapter 17

"That man was very rude." Jasper says as we walk back to the dining room.

"Jealous?" I say as a joke but he blushes a little. That makes me blush but then I shake myself off.

"There's no reason to be." I say and walk faster. He hurries to catch up and gently grabs me.

"Why won't you open up to me?"

"I don't open up to just anyone that wants to be close to me. Not even a prince." I say and he pulls back like he'd been slapped. We walk the rest of the way.

"What did you get called away for?" Cassie asks and I smile.

"I had some visitors." I say. Jasper sits down next to me.

"Two more guys that seem to be after your hand." Jasper says glaring at me. All four of us gasp and he stands. He's embarrassed himself.

"Excuse me." he says and goes back to his own table.

"I can't believe Prince Jasper said something so rude." Maria says a hand over her heart. She's so dramatic.

"I just said something to make him mad. I'm sorry you heard that." I say and they look at me.

"We're wondering why you're turning down the Prince." Olive says.

"I'm just not interested." I say and glance back at his table. He's usually calm and cheerful but he's sitting there in a mood now.

"Looks like I'll have to make amends later." I say and sigh.

"I think it should be fine. He doesn't hear the word no a lot I don't think." Cassie says and then blushes covering her mouth. Maria and Olive look at her shocked. I smile. I love this affect I'm having on her. She's slowly becoming so sassy.

"I think you're right Cas. I'll let him calm down some then. I have plans tonight anyways." I say. I finish my food then stand.

"I'll see you all at class tomorrow." I say and walk back up to my room. I change into and evening dress of the color forest green. It looks great on me. Then I set out for the Menagerie, after locking all my windows.