Chapter 26

I tell the footman I'll be back in an hour and then go with Zada as she leads me through the market. We get closer to the edge when she finally spots him. She smiles and her pace picks up. I hurry to keep up. She slows down when we get within 10 feet. She pats her hair and then takes my hand walking up into the group of men who are having a conversation. She gently puts her hand on the arm of the youngest looking one.

"Husband. I'm sorry to interrupt." she says gently. The conversation stops and he turns to smile at her.

"Zada. I've been waiting for you to arrive. Did you find what you wanted?"

"No but I did find someone." she says and pulls me next to her.

"This is Cerine." she says grinning. The other gentlemen, obviously from this area quickly disperse at the sound of my name. Zada's husband just looks at me and nods.

"Good to meet you." he says holding out his hand. I shake it.

"Did they tell you about the last few days already?"

"Yes." he says and I sigh. Zada looks confused. I smile at her.

"He'll tell you later. Now I haven't hear your name." I say and grin.

"Oh yes! It's Lenny. Could we have lunch together? The three of us. I want to hear if there's some stories that my dear forgot to tell me." he says smiling at her. I smile.

"I would love to."