Chapter 27

We have a nice time talking and I learn that she's told him everything, and he loves her anyways. That's the kind of thing I want. I look at the time and stand.

"I have to hurry back. I accidentally spent too much time with you both." I say and smile. They smile back.

"We'll take you back to your carriage." Lenny says. I nod.

"Alright." I say and we walk together back to my carriage. Just before I get in Zada hugs me.

"I really missed you." she says.

"I did too." I say patting her lightly. She pulls back and grins at me.

"I'll come visit you at school." she says patting my arm.

"I can't wait to see you there." I say and then we say our goodbyes. I get back to school to see Alyssa and Jasper waiting for me.

"Have you been waiting long?" I ask as I get out of the carriage, Jasper helps me down.

"How do you know Duke Lenniso Alamar?"

"Through his wife Zada. I met her and we became good friends, close as sisters." I say and breeze by.

"Is she one of the children you mentioned?"

"No. She has two boys." I say smooth as silk.

"Our new information says she has three children."

"Partially correct. She has two children she gave birth to. The 3rd is the one she adopted. The Pretty Cuthroat." I say and I'm suddenly jerked back.

"You know more information than you told us before." she says her grip tightening. My hand quickly goes to her wrist.

"Let go or I'll break your wrist." I say. We stare each other down for a minute then she slowly lets go.

"That's the last piece I know. I got to control things, remember we're going to lure Clarkson and hopefully capture him?"

"Well then let's go and carefully get the plan together right now." Alyssa says. The three of us walk inside together in silence.