Chapter 30

We get back and after I change I immediately fall asleep. The next morning I'm woken by knocking on my door.

"Come in." I called out after catching my bearings. The door opens and I see Cassie.

"Did I wake you?" She says anxiously while closing the door behind her.

"Yes but it's fine." I say and motion for her to come sit next to me.

"Oh. I just came to make sure you were awake in time for breakfast." She says sheepishly. I smile.

"Thank you Cassie." I say and then there's another knock. Cassie opens it and peeks out.

"Mr. Danny is here to see Ms. Cerine." one of the kitchen staff says.

"Have him come in." I say and Cassie looks at me slightly scandalized. I resist the urge to roll my eyes as I step behind the privacy screen.

"Hello Cassie." he says greeting her as he walks in. I start to change.

"Hello Danny." she says and then he walks over and sits on the chair.

"Hey Cer. I'm glad I caught you. Your parents are here again."

"And?" I say.

"Your brother is too." he says and I pause.

"He's come home then." I say and continue getting ready.

"Yes." he says and there's a few moments of silence.

"What do they want Danny?"

"They want you to live with them again." he says.