Chapter 32

I walk into the room and precious Danny is waiting by the door for me.

"We've been waiting for you." he says holding out his hand. I take it and he leads me to the table and as soon as I sit down my food is placed.

"For you Ms. Cerine." the head chef, Ms.Charn. I look at her.

"I mean, Cerine. My tongue slipped." she says. I smile and hold out my hand. She places hers in mine and I give her a ginseng root.

"Oh thank you!" she says pocketing it and pinches my cheek.

"You are always the sweetest. Come by later for cookies." she says and they disappear. Danny bursts out laughing.

"Always the sweetest!" he says and I glare at him.

"I am confused by their, mannerisms. But why are you laughing at their outstanding opinion of Scarlett?" Brother asks and I twitch slightly.

"You meant to say Cerine right? Cerine of course is a wonderful woman but always being the sweetest is an exaggeration."

"I'm surprised you're saying this Danny. You've never said a bad word about our daughter before. But now you're saying this to her face. Do you not wish to be engaged to her eventually anymore?" Mother says. Danny and I both clench internally.

"Cer you should eat your breakfast." he says blocking them out. I do so and then the doorman and a gardener come in. I smile and nod. They both wave.

"Do you know all the servants here?"

"If you mean all the employees. Yes, yes I do." I say. Just then some of the maids shuffle in and casually leave scones next to my food and then shuffle back out. That triggers the doorman to come over.

"Um M- Cerine. My family would like for you to have this." he says and pulls a dove from behind his back.

"Oh." I say taking it gently. I look at it for a second.

"It's a girl. Thank you Mr.Surl." I say and smile. He grins and backs away. The gardener nudges him.

"Not only do they know you, they adore you. As expected of my dear sister. Scarlett" he says looking at Danny.

"Enough of this nonsense!" Father booms and everyone falls silent. I set my new pet on my dress and wait to hear what he has to say.

"Now. I assume Danny told you our wishes?"

"Yes. That you'd like me to come live with you again." I say.

"Not only that. We want you back." Mother says and brother stands then grasps my hands.

"Yes. we want you to come home. When I heard from mother and father that you had been found I came home immediately. I missed you so much." I smile. Brother is being used and he doesn't even know it. I know he is genuine in his affection. That's what makes it worse.

"I missed you too brother." I say he smiles then pulls away and takes his seat suddenly remembering decorum.

"I probably will come back eventually. But my place is here." I say peacefully, waiting for the chaos to commence.