Chapter 16

Once when we were children we promised each other that we would get married. From the look in his eyes I can see he still feels the same way. He rushes up to me and grabs me in a big hug then lifts me up and spins me around. When he sets me down his hands go from my waist to my shoulders and he steps back looking at me more closely.

"You're even prettier than when we were kids. Which I'm surprised about because I thought you were too cute for words then." Wow hitting me with the lines right off the bat.

"How'd you find me?" I ask.

"It wasn't easy." he says and glances behind me at the prince and lets me go. He focuses back on me.

"You've gone through a lot of stuff haven't you?" he says and I nod. He knows. I sigh and put a hand on my arm.

"Anyways I'm glad to see you." I say and two others walk into the room.

"Another guest for you Ms.Cerine." says the doorman. I turn, and he's there.

"Clarkson." I say glaring at him.

"No warm welcome for me? How, disappointing." he says and he looks at the other two.

"Who are these gentlemen?" he asks and the three of them face each other. This is getting more and more annoying.

"This is my childhood friend Danny. This is Prince Jasper." I say. Clark's eyes widen a fraction then he looks at me. I give a slight hand signal that means I'm dealing with it. He nods. I pat Danny's arm again.

"I'll talk to you more later." I say and hug him.

"Menagerie at 9." I whisper. I snub Clark.

"Please don't come back." I say and he reaches out to grab me. The other two tense as he whispers in my ear.

"I'll come visit tonight. Leave your window open tonight." he says and I hold still.

"How do you know?"

"Information my mon cherie." he says and pulls back to kiss my cheek.

"See you later Cerine."