Chapter 24

I get back with Jasper, Alyssa, and Danny.

"Thanks for taking me back." I say and smile at Danny.

"I signed up to come here. I should be getting the confirmation. Soon we should be together." he says.

"Oh that'll be great. We can spend more time together."

"Exactly. I can't wait to see you again soon."

"I'll see you later Danny." I say and kiss his cheek. He blushes and says goodbye then leaves. I go up to my room and see Clark sitting in a chair with Jina relaxing on the bed. I quickly close the door behind me. Jina caws and flys to me. I hold out my arm for him to land on.

"Hey I missed you too." I say and hold him gently against my chest.

"They want to meet you soon as you can get away. Make sure everthing is good and that you didn't spill any information." Clark says reclining back.

"I won't be able to meet anyone. I'm sure they are still suspicious and will keep a close eye on me. I didn't give any info out on the Cougars."

"So you sold your own out." he says his eyes widening.

"All I said was I knew little about them, except that the Captain has two children, I didn't say names." I say and he nods slowly.

"Alright I'll go tell them." he says and stands walking to the window then turns back to me just before leaving.

"You did a good job."

"I wouldn't betray my family, or our people, but I might have to leave because of this. I'm serious about no contact." I say and he turns back.

"Leaving? You can't just leave us."

"If it's to keep everyone safe then it must be done. It's for the safety of all pirates, not just the Cougars and Vipers. We have info on almost every other group." I say and he goes a shade pale.

"Right. I guess it has to be done." I put Jina down and walk over to him to give him a hug.

"It's for the best Clark." I say and he crushes me to him.

"If this is the last time I'll see you I-" he says and I push away.

"It won't. I'll see you in a year or two." I say and nudge him to the window. He shakes his head and gives me a lopsided smile.

"You are something else." I grin and push him out the window.

"See you." I whisper and close the window behind him.