Chapter 9

We get back to the dining room and I let go to head back to my table.

"Cerine wait. I want to introduce you to my friends." I just want to be left alone but it seems like he won't let that happen.

"Alright." I say and start walking towards the table when another server taps my arm.

"Excuse me miss, but your bird is outside waiting."

"Well let him in. He won't make a mess." I say. I glance at the Prince to see he's highly interested.

"I want to see this." he says and we walk a few steps towards the door while the girl goes ahead and opens the door. Jina struts across the threshold and stares around the room his chest all puffed out. He sees not many are paying attention to his entrance so he emits a loud caw and all conversation stops as the turn to look at the bird standing at the door. I may be a great actor, but this really made me struggle to hold in laughter.

"Are you done showing off now Jina?" I say at normal speaking volume, but with the silence I'm sure the marble amplified my voice. Jina now ignores everyone else and flies to me. I hold out my arm for him to land on. There's a note on him again.

"You've been traveling haven't you?" I say stroking his feathers for a moment before taking the note. He hops to my shoulder and I open the note.

Come to the Menagerie by 8 ~YL