Chapter 6

I tap Cassie's arm.

"Maybe we can talk books more later. I just remembered I have more errands to do. I will see you all later yes?"

We shall see you in the evening Cerine." Maria says. The others say goodbye and I swiftly get in my carriage and go back to their hideout. The door opens and I stay outside.

"Tell your leader to not come to the doorstep of the school again because I just gained some very unwanted attention and must not be caught. Any more notes I will give you through my falcon. The return messages will be sent to the post office and I will pick them up myself. Good day." I say turning on my heel and go back to my carriage to school.

I go straight to my room and their waiting is Olive and Maria. Uggh.

"Hi would you like to come in?" I say hand on my doorknob.

"No we wanted to ask you to tea." Maria says grasping my hand smiling at me.

"Yes we really enjoy your company." Olive says grabbing my other hand. They've changed their minds about me only because the prince was interested in me. Of course I can not refuse.

"Of course I would love to." We lock arms and go to Maria's room.

"Where's Cassie?"

"Oh, she's in her room reading." Maria says.

"I see." I say and follow them to the terrace and we all sit down. There's only 3 chairs, so they left her out. We have a boring conversation on politics with tea and scones.

"How do you know so much about this area?"

"Because I researched before coming. I didn't want to be completely out of touch." I say and smile. They laugh, or titters I guess cause it's really fake.

"Of course. You should never be unprepared." Maria says.

"Yes very right." Olive follows up. I really want to roll my eyes right now. I get up to two hours of us sitting and talking and I so can't take any more than this.

"This has been a great chat but I hope I can excuse myself?"

"Of course." Maria says and stands. Olivia stands also and they walk me to the door.

"Bye darling." Olivia says and kisses my cheek.

"See you at dinner." Maria says doing the same. That was ridiculous mental warfare, good thing I'm just as good at that as I am with actual fighting. I immediately go to Cassie's room and knock.

"Cassie you there?" I say and she slowly opens the door.

"Come in." she says and I sigh brushing inside I lay on her lounging chair as she closes the door.

"I was just with Maria and Olive on M's terrace having tea and scones. Do they always talk about politics?"

"Yes when they're with others but when it's just them and me they talk about the other girls."

"Oh that's obvious then. They can't conceal their personalities as good as they think." I say and she laughs.