Chapter 20

I calmly walk into my cell and the guards walk away. I spend the night awake, carving designs into the wall to stave away my boredom. In the morning Alyssa and Jasper come to visit.

"Oh look who's come to visit. I haven't seen you since the 1st day." I say.

"I've been busy, and it seems you have too."

"I didn't know at all that Clark was part of the Cougar pirates. He was a perfect gentleman, most of the time." I say.

"We've come to see what you have to say about this." Alyssa says pulling out a handkerchief.

"That must be the evidence you spoke of?" I say immediately recognizing it.

"Yes." Jasper says.

"That belongs to Clark. He accidently left it with me a little while ago. What of it?"

"It belongs to the Pretty Cut throat of The Vipers." Alyssa says and I gasp in shock.

"Oh. Oh my goodness." I say and wave my hand in front of my face.

"Now you see why we concerned." Jasper says gently and I glare at him.

"I don't want your concern Prince Jasper." I say and turn away from him.

"What's going on here?" she looks between the both of us before focusing on him.

"I've been trying to court her, but she has been rejecting my advances." he says and she looks to me in surprise then back at him and frowns.

"Then you shouldn't have come at all. You're too involved with her and we're trying to interrogate her." she says. I keep hold of a laugh. This is what she calls interrogating? Then again they've been in captivity. Mentally they're still children along with their bodies. I'm on a whole other level.

"I can tell you one thing, that is not mine. But. If he had it that explains a lot. He's got plenty of girls to choose from and yet he's always chasing after one girl. It's a game they're playing together I'm sure. The girl he's chasing after must be the Pretty Cut throat." I say proudly. Like I figured it out and then his face appears next to the grate.

"Hello Cerine. Glad to know you think it's a game." he says smugly. That was the worst timing, now he thinks I like him.

"I brought something for you." he says and passes a small vial to me. He grins at the other two.

"See you later." he says and leaves. I look at the vial confused, like I don't know what it is then hand it to them.

"I think it's better if you take it. Give it to the guards to test." I say concerned.

"Alright, but until you're cleared of any charges, you will be spending your time in here." Alyssa says. They turn to walk away when some guards arrive with Danny and the two people I presume are my parents.