Chapter 13

"What the hell was that about?" Ceril says sitting down. I shrug so he starts going on a rant and I let it go for a while before I hit him with it.

"I heard Zada left." I say and that instantly shuts him up. That gives my guess certainty.

"So you convinced her to leave, gave her that final push hmm?" I say. His mouth opens and closes a couple times.

"How did I know? You really gave yourself away." I say and he nods.

"Ok."

"Anyways. I was just gonna ask how things are. Just do a quick update. I can't stay out much longer." I say and he gives me a quick five minute rundown. I get G again and then climb into the chest. He carries me back to the Menagerie. I climb out and he leaves with a nod. I change back and go back to the school where of course, Prince Jasper is waiting for me. He's not very happy.

"What took you so long? You were supposed to be back 45 minutes ago!" he says. I sigh and walk past him but he grabs my arm and I have to make myself not draw a hidden knife.

"You need to take care of yourself." he growls. I turn and press his wrist in just the right way so that he releases me.

"I can take care of myself and that's why I'm not worried." I say dropping his hand.

"Goodnight Jasper." I say and walk away.