one ✰ g. stanton (nyy)

the hardest part
✰✰✰
not requested

And at this exact moment, time slowed down

And at this exact moment, time slowed down. I hold my gaze on the ground, although I'm sure he still stands before me; staring. My eyes must be redder than the devil. And my cheeks glisten in the moonlight, shinier than the moon itself. He remains in front of me, looking perfect as the day we collided. Besides the tears inching down his cheeks, falling one by one. Yet, the breathtaking image of Giancarlo Stanton is too much to handle. The thought of what we once felt for each other, and the thought of what we've lost is enough to buckle my knees. But I can't let him know that I am doubting myself, and my difficult decision. I can't let him know that I was wrong. How I wish this moment could be over with. But after what felt like hours of angrily shouting back and forth, the hardest part remains. My breath is shaky. And with one final glance, I turn on my heel. It begins.

One

Two

Although he stands behind me, I sense neither sound nor movement. No footsteps or callings. No sign to stop; to turn around and run right back into his arms. His arms; where I long to be. I continue.

Three

Four

If only this was a cliche love story. If only as my steps continue, the sound of his louder movements overpower them. If only I could feel his arms wrap tightly around my waist, being spun to face him, to look directly at the man I fell hard in love with. And remember exactly all of the reasons I did in the first place. If only I could stare into his eyes, listening to him begging for me to stay, begging to give this another shot. If only I could agree, and remain happily secured in his tight grip. If only this was a cliche love story. And I keep walking.

Five

Six

I'm met with the one thing that will ensure my departure; my car. Even though everything in my body is telling me not to get in, not to drive away from what we had. I ignore it. Because as I take a final look at the man I will possibly always love, he has already turned around, with no intent of stopping me. I was sure my heart couldn't hurt any more - but how could I have been so wrong? Still stuck in a daze, I wish I could say I feel nothing. I wish I could say I've been numbed. I wish I could say I don't care, and that the image of him permanently walking away from me has no effect. I wish I could still be happy - with him. But as I drive away from, seemingly, the only person who could make me smile like an idiot, I am faced with reality. For him to turn his back, and walk away, just as I had, the feelings of bringing our relationship to an end are mutual. And that fact was the hardest pill to swallow.

-

ok so ! this wasn't a request. it was kind of just something random I wrote but yeah ...

but seriously someone tell me why I decided to write something sad like this lmao

jillian