seven ✰ j. gallo (tex)

love advice

for crazykiba101

love advice✰ ✰ ✰for crazykiba101

-joey's pov-

"Guys, I just don't know what to do," At any sign of a problem, I always turn to my guys. But I guess when it comes to girl problems, they don't know much. I probably could've guessed that, though, seeing as most of them are married or without girlfriends. Odor just shrugs, along with everyone else.

"I don't know, man. What do you want from me?" Beltre is no help.

"I didn't feel like this before. But recently, she and I have been spending so much time together. And now, I don't know how I feel. And even if I did know, it's not like she'd like me as anything more than a friend." It's honestly hard to admit that. Especially because of how cowardly I sound. The guys simply just laugh at me. What great friends I have. Giving each and everyone of them a deadly stare, they finally cut it out.

"Okay okay, sorry, man. What do you like about her so much?" This is going to be one hell of a list.

"I mean, everything. She's just so perfect. The way her whole face lights up when she talks about baseball-" Andrus cuts me off.

"Oh my god, WIFE HER!" We all burst into laughter.

"Seriously though. Everything she does makes me happy and I don't know if I can handle just being friends anymore." Realizing that I may be stuck in the friendzone is extremely heartbreaking. But obviously I don't show my true emotions to the guys. I don't want to be made fun of forever. Finally, someone offers some real advice instead of simply joking around.

"Honestly dude, go for it. She likes you enough to hang out with you all of the time, so why not? And who couldn't like you, am I right? I mean, look at you!" Big Sexy always knows exactly what to say. No wonder he's such a charmer.

"Thanks man. I'm going to ask her after today's game." And the whole club house breaks into a cheer, including various "get it, Joey!" and "you get your girl!"s. Why do I deal with these guys?

-time skip to after game-

-emily's pov-

After the Rangers' big win against the Astros, I sit in a hallway outside of the locker rooms, waiting for Joey. I sit alongside many of the wives/girlfriends of players, whom I've become very close with since I began coming to almost every single game for my best friend.

"So Emily, are you and Gallo dating yet?" I can't help but blush at the question. I mean, I may or may not have had a small crush on him since, ever. But we've always been just friends, and if he doesn't feel the same way, I'm okay with that.

"Oh my god, stop. We are just friends."

"Mhm." I really don't understand why everyone thinks we're dating. Sure, we spend most of our time together. But it's not like we go around making out or anything.

"But you guys would be so cute!"

"Yeah!"

"You definitely like him."

"Don't deny it, sis." And all of a sudden, I'm being mauled by the wives of the Texas Rangers.

"Okay okay, maybe I do like him."

"Oooooooooooooh!" They all shout in unison.

"Guys, shhhhh! It's not like anything's going to happen. We've always just been friends. Okay? Okay." My heart hurts admitting this. But it's unfortunate how true it is. We could never be anything more than friends. Just as I notice Joey walking out of the locker room, wearing gray sweatpants and a plain, black shirt, a wife gets in a final word before he's close enough to hear.

"I don't know, girl. Sometimes dreams do come true." If only that were true.

"Hey Em, you ready?" Joey looks down at me with his gorgeous brown eyes. I can feel the stares of all of the other girls sitting around us in the hallway.

"Yep." I say as I stand up, clearly a lot shorter than him. As we start walking towards the exit of the stadium, he hangs his arm around my shoulders. It seems casual, but really, it feels like so much more to me.

"You played really well. I was so proud of you guys for kicking the Astros' asses, like always." He looks down at me again as I talk. God, that gets me everytime.

"Awh, thank you. You know, you're probably my number one fan." He says, sweetly, flashing that charming smile of his.

"Oh, you wish." I say, running away from him, jogging towards his car.

"Come on!" I can hear him shouting from behind me. That is, until I hear his extremely loud footsteps, following close behind me. And then his arms wrap around my waist, pulling me close to his chest as he keeps me from running. My heart instantly starts beating faster than it ever has before. And while this is such a crazy and unimaginable moment for me, it feels so comfortable to be like this with him. And that's because - it's him. As we finally reach his car, I turn around to face Joey, his arms still snaked around my waist.

"Em?" He sounds nervous.

"Yes?" I have no idea what to expect. But because he seems nervous, I'm nervous.

"Can I ask you a question?" Oh god.

"Uhm, of course."

"Do you think, maybe, I don't know, you might, possibly, want to go out with me tomorrow?" Is this really happening? This is not happening. This has to be a dream or something. There is no way.

"Wait, what?" That came off as a lot more rude than I had anticipated.

"Sorry, I was dumb for aski-"

"No, no. I would, uhm, love to go on a date with you tomorrow." A smile immediately appears on his face as we stare longingly into each other's eyes. And then we both start leaning in. My hands immediately go to his chest as our lips collide. I know they say it in the movies all of the time, but it really does feel like fireworks are going off. Only with him. Many moments pass before we both seem to be interrupted by many shouts coming from all around the parking lot. And once we finally pull away, Joey and I both turn to see the guys all screaming extremely loudly at us from their cars in the parking lot, along with the wives and girlfriends. I can't help but smile, ear to ear.

"Hell yeah! I did that!" Beltre yells from the drivers seat of his car, pointing at us holding on tightly to each other.

"Shut up, Adrian. You did nothing!" Joey shouts back. And even though their stupid banter is extremely hilarious, I don't think I could be any happier than I already am.

-

you know, as a die hard Blue Jays fan, this was a little hard to write. But I didn't want to let you down !! sorry I'm posting this so late too, I didn't want to make you wait any longer, I hope I did okay :) enjoy ❤️

jillian