eighteen ✰ c. taylor (lad)

matt can't know

for baseballbitch

"Carol! I'm leaving now!" Hearing my older brother, Matt, call my name, I come barrelling down the stairs, still hurrying to get myself ready

"Carol! I'm leaving now!" Hearing my older brother, Matt, call my name, I come barrelling down the stairs, still hurrying to get myself ready. Watching me stress while hurrying, Matt becomes very confused. Finally meeting him at the door, I'm out of breath as I slide my shoes on.

"Wait, wait. I'm coming." I say, pulling my 'Kemp' jersey on over my plain black tank top. Noticing Matt's facial expression, he seemed extremely annoyed. He lets out an aggravated sigh, slowly opening the front door for us to leave.

"Why do you have to come to all of my games?" My cheeks heat up at the question. Hiding my face by looking out the window, I simply shrug.

"I don't know, I love watching the games and hanging out with the guys." Let me rephrase - I love watching and hanging out with Chris Taylor. And while I've grown up watching and playing baseball, I would most likely go to Matt's games to support him anyways. The fact that Chris is there just makes it so much better. I've only gone to a few games so far, but in those few, I've seemed to have gotten super close with a bunch of the guys. And that seems to worry Matt - a lot.

"Okay, Carol. I get that that you're 26 and you can make your own decisions. But if you can only come to my games from this point on with one condition," I already know exactly what he's going to say. And while I'm not going to show it, my heart already feels like it's breaking. I nod slowly, urging Matt to continue as we drive towards Dodger Stadium.

"You are not allowed to date any of my teammates, got it?" I roll my eyes, facing away from Matt. It's not like it's the first time I've heard this.

"Matt, I kn-"

"No, Carol.-" He cuts me off and I immediately become silent, somewhat frightened by the seriousness in his voice.

"I'm fine with you making friends and all, but no flirting, okay?"

"Okay, jheez. You sound like mom." And finally, the terrible and not to mention uncomfortable car ride came to an end as we pulled into the parking lot of Dodger Stadium. As I follow Matt into the clubhouse like usual, we meet a huge group of his teammates along the way. Hernandez immediately runs towards me while wrapping me in a hug.

"Little Kemp!" I giggle as he picks me up off of the ground while spinning in circles. After finally placing me back on my feet, I grip onto Matt's shoulder, trying to regain my balance. Even though Matt looks extremely annoyed at my close relationship with Kiké, I think it's pretty clear we aren't anything more than friends, especially seeing he's engaged.

"Hey, it's the brothers I wish I had!" I say, looking to Matt as I wait for his reaction.

"Hey, you have me. Am I not good enough?" The guys, including Cody Bellinger, Max Muncy, Kiké Hernandez, Yasiel Puig, and, most importantly, Chris Taylor, all laugh in response.

"Yeah, but I like them more." Matt throws a death glare in my direction as the rest of his team heads into the change room. After the hall had been cleared of all of his teammates, my brother reaches for my arm before he follows the rest of the team.

"Remember what I said, Carol." He lowers his voice, even though there isn't a single soul around. I nod in response, finally being let go, allowing me to head to the dugout as usual. There's usually a five to ten minute wait until the boys start filing in so I decide to take out my phone to occupy myself as I wait.

"Hey, Little Kemp.-" I drop my phone out of fear, completely unaware of the fact someone else was in the dugout. I look up towards the clubhouse entrance to see the one and only, Chris Taylor. He obviously notices the fact he scared the shit out of me, but to be honest, I don't mind at all.

"Oh jesus, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you like that." Chris bends down in front of me to pick up my phone. While handing me the device, we both take notice of the cracked screen. Chris' face immediately expresses how bad he feels.

"I'm so sorry. I'll buy you a new phone!" I laugh in response. He's too cute. Flipping the phone around in my hand, I examine the cracks before looking up to meet Chris' light blue eyes, taking in the rest of his features.

"Chris, you don't have to-"

"But I want to, Carol." My heart immediately begins racing. Taking in how close our faces are to one another, I take a deep breath in attempts to calm myself. But how could I? I absolutely love the way my name rolls off of his tongue, despite the fact I didn't even think he knew who I was.

"I-I didn't think you knew my name." I say with a chuckle as he continues to stare into my eyes. Suddenly noticing Chris moving closer to me on the dugout bench, my breathing becomes heavier. Sure I've been close to him with a group of the guys, but never - like this.

"How could I not know your name?" He slowly lifts his hand while placing it on my cheek. I find myself leaning into its warmth while Chris slowly inches closer and closer to me. And finally, we meet. His hand remains on my cheek, pulling me further into the kiss as I place my hands on his chest, gently. And for one moment, everything is perfect. No guys making extreme amounts of noise. No fans begging for autographs. No stupid brother telling me I'm not allowed to date his teammates. Wait. I quickly pull away from the perfect kiss, leaving Chris very confused - and out of breath. I grab onto his hand, entangling my fingers with his while leaning towards his ear.

"Matt can't know about this."

And then in an instant, the dugout is filled with noise, sending Chris and I flying to opposite ends of the dugout bench. I, nonchalantly,  greet a few of the players coming in from the clubhouse while pretending to be on my phone. No one seemed to question Chris and I. Everything was fine, until Matt walked in, bringing out the strict side of him.

"Okay, Carol, get out." I roll my eyes at him, waving goodbye to the team while making my way to the steps.

"Bye Little Kemp!" Cody rubs his hand in my hair, surely messing it up.

"See ya, Mini Matt!" Puig offers a cute little wave, flashing that gorgeous smile of his.

"Be gone, thot!" Oh my god, Kiké. He really is the brother I wish I had. While being bombarded by many different goodbyes, I hear a quiet whisper - possibly the only voice that matters.

"Meet me after the game?" Chris whispers into my ear. A blush rises to my cheeks as I nod, being sure to keep this as secretive as possible. Once making it out of the noisy dugout, I let out a squeal, finally realizing what just happened. Me, Chris Taylor, kiss, what? I honestly don't know what is going to happen from now on. But all I'm sure of is - Matt can't find out.

-

i honestly had such a hard time thinking of an idea so yaknow i went with the old brothers teammate thing haha i still feel like it's not as detailed or cute as i'd like it to be, so seriously girl if you don't like it, you can always tell me and i'll try writing a better imagine for ya !! anyways ,, i really hope you enjoy it love !! 💗

jillian