seventeen ✰ c. correa (hou)

you thought wrong

for deisaayy

Another day; another morning I'm woken up to the disappointment of Carlos' absence from his usual spot, by my side, arms wraps securely around my waist

Another day; another morning I'm woken up to the disappointment of Carlos' absence from his usual spot, by my side, arms wraps securely around my waist. For someone who hates mornings, he seems to be up bright and early quite often recently. And while I understand that sometimes his schedule becomes extremely busy during baseball season, the fact he hasn't even thought of leaving a note is just inconsiderate. I mean, what if he's out alone and something happens. I have no way of knowing where he is, and no way of helping him. Even though I want to simply let it go, like always, a small voice inside my head seems to keep me from doing exactly that. Being left with a seemingly unending amount of time I have to spend alone in bed, my thoughts consume me. Maybe he isn't telling me where he is on purpose. Maybe he's leaving early in the mornings to avoid any and all questions, knowing I'd most likely not care about it when he'd return later that day. I trust Carlos, and he has given me no reason to do otherwise - until now. Having been dating for almost four years, we've never been hesitant in telling each other anything and everything. Secrets have never been a problem. But all of a sudden, with our four-year anniversary approaching, Carlos is giving me every reason to question his absence. He knows me, and he knows that I worry about him - a lot. Having learned this early on in our relationship, he's always been on top of letting me know where he is and how he's doing, especially when it comes to long road trips. But now, even when I ask, he continues to be secretive and distant. And seeing as how little effort he's made to explain the situation to me, and the fact that my boyfriend is smoking hot, I have nothing else to assume - except the fact that he may be cheating on me. Look at it this way, he leaves the house while I'm asleep. He never tells me where he's going, nor does he tell me where he's been when he finally returns. And anytime I bring it up, Carlos uses any and all excuses to change the topic immediately. All signs point in the wrong direction - cheating. Having finally realized this, I curl myself into a ball, drifting underneath the sheets of the empty king-sized bed. As I remain silent, staring into space, tears slowly fall from my eyes, landing on my pillow. But I couldn't care less. I consider reaching for my phone, and texting him, telling him everything on my mind. But that could only make things worse. And while I want to call him out, and tell him everything I hate about him, there's something inside me that just can't push myself to do it. I can't force myself into telling the love of my life that I hate him. Because I don't And I don't think I ever will, even if he hurts me a thousand times. Carlos Correa will always own my heart.

Being gently shaken awake, I open my eyes only to reveal the one and only, cheating bastard. Clenching my fists underneath the sheets, I simply have nothing to say to him. I roll onto my other side, turning away from Carlos in hopes he doesn't see my tear stained cheeks. The marks that show weakness, I can't let him know how weak he's been able to make me. Even though he's probably oblivious to the fact he's been caught, Carlos is definitely aware that something's up.