twenty-five ✰ a. benintendi (bos)

the best man

for EGGenintendi

I straighten my dress one last time, preparing to walk down the aisle as the maid of honor

I straighten my dress one last time, preparing to walk down the aisle as the maid of honor. My best friend, Annie, is marrying Mookie Betts, and to say this wedding is filled with baseball players would be to say the least. I know most of Mookie's best men, but there's one guy I'm not too sure I know - the best man. The wedding planner approaches me, suggesting I meet up with the best man to walk down the aisle. Finally deciding I'm ready, I make my way over to where the mystery man is standing before the double doors. I approach him, timidly tapping him on the shoulder. And when he turned around, it was like I'd been blessed. I've never seen a more beautiful man in my life - but boy, did he look like a player. He flashes a million dollar smile, introducing himself.

"Hey, I'm Andrew. And you must be?" He offers his hand for me to shake, and I gladly accept. As soon as our hands meet, my stomach erupts with butterflies. That instant connection is unlike anything I've felt before.

"Jennie Rose," My face heats up as he leans close to me, his lips brushing against my ear.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He says, huskily, placing his hand on my waist. Wow, it's not like he hasn't said that to anyone else before. You see, I knew this guy was a player when I first saw him, but there was something inside of me that wished he might be different. But no - he's just like everyone else. I awkwardly put space between us, suddenly feeling uncomfortable with his hands on me. Unfortunately, that's exactly how we'd have to walk down the aisle. I sigh, lightly rolling my eyes at the thought.

"Jennie, places. Five minutes until we start." The planner whisper-shouts at me. I put my hands up in surrender, hesitantly walking back towards Andrew.

"So are you his friend from college or something?" I ask, suddenly curious about why I've never seen him before.

"No, I, uhm, actually play with him for Boston." I furrow my brow in confusion. He must be new because I don't recognize him, which is odd because Annie forces me to go to almost every game.

"Oh, nice." I say quietly as awkward silence begins to fill the air. And then the music starts and the doors open. We make our way down the isle, his arm wrapped tightly around my waist, almost as if he's being protective over me. As we begin parting ways at the end, he tightens his grip once more, pulling me closer to him.

"Dance with me later?" He whispers, standing awfully close to me. I clear my throat, trying to overlook the painfully awkward moment as I finally release myself from his grip, walking to the opposite side, away from him. I definitely thought he was different. I mean, he's clearly amazing looking, but it's unfortunate that he's an ass. Maybe it would have been better if the 'mystery man' remained a mystery.

-time skip-

I've seemed to make it through most of the wedding avoiding Andrew and his fuck boy ways. That is - until the first dance. After Annie and Mookie had their moment, and I shed a few tears, I sat alone at our table. And then the chair is pulled out from beside me. Ugh.

"Hey-"

"Sorry, if you'll excuse me." I begin, getting up in attempts to get out of this situation. But then I feel a gentle hand wrap around my wrist. Andrew stands behind me, keeping me from leaving.

"Jennie, please don't ignore me." I turn around to face him, silently. I feel kind of bad for ignoring him, I'm sure he'd be a nice friend and all. But he didn't necessarily make the best first impression. I continue staring at him, waiting for Andrew to say something, seeing as I won't be talking anytime soon.

"Dance with me?" He asks, offering his hand. And as much as I don't want to, I join him on the dance floor. He lightly places his hands on my waist, pulling me closer to him as we sway back and forth. I carefully place my hands on his shoulders, looking down to avoid his gaze.

"Jennie, I know you don't really want to talk to me. So I'll do the talking." I look up to face him - him and his sincere eyes. He continues.

"I didn't make the best first impression. Trust me, I know. I came off looking more desperate than you'd ever imagine. Actually you could imagine, you were there... uh, anyways," I can't help but laugh at his quiet rambling. I'm not sure if it's just me, but it really seems like he's putting a lot of effort into this apology.

"When I saw you, I thought 'wow, how have I never seen this girl before?'. Even before you approached me before the music started playing, I couldn't help but watch you as you talked to the Annie. The way you smiled and seemed genuinely happy for her on her big day, your smile, oh my god, your smile," He lowers his head, letting out a small chuckle.

"I just knew that you'd be an amazing person to become friends with. A-and then I finally met you, and I got carried away. Just seeing you up close, your eyes, your dimples, I-I just thought ' man, if I could make this girl mine, I would'. Sooooo, I tried. And it didn't really work out, did it?" I flash him a small, kind smile.

"Yeah, you didn't really come off as the boyfriend type-" Andrew lightly grins, once again looking down at his feet, still tightly holding onto my waist.

"But now," His head snaps up immediately. His eyes light up like a kid in a candy store. And it is the most beautiful thing I've seen today.

"I'm starting to think otherwise." And then he smiles. Out of joy? I hope. Andrew adjusts, wrapping his arms completely around my waist, pulling me into a hug. And I do the same. Taking in the smell of his cologne, my knees go weak. Even though I really didn't want to in the beginning, I think I might be falling for this guy.

"So Jennie?"

"Mhm?"

"Would you go on a date with me?" Pulling back from the arms I'd possibly be okay with staying forever, I softly place one of my hands on his cheek.

"I would love that, Andrew." Offering a warm smile, he gently places a kiss on my forehead. Moving to rest my head on his shoulder, he runs one of his hands through my hair. And we dance the rest of the night away.

-

ok ! please don't come at me for portraying andrew as some asshole lmao it was only for the story, i bet he's actually a sweetheart irl ah !! anyways , i really hope you like it girl !! ❤️

ALsO , tHiS iS TRasH oKAy bYe

jillian