twenty-eight ✰ t. story (col)

the supply closet

for livbezjak26

the supply closet✰ ✰ ✰for livbezjak26

Sneaking around is not fun. If I'm with someone, I want to show them off. I want to flaunt them. I want everyone, and I mean everyone to know they're mine. But I guess that really isn't an option in my case. Stepping into the clubhouse, the walls are all too familiar; holding memories of late nights and early mornings, such as today. It seems this is the only place Trevor and I have actually been able to express our relationship. Without the guys around, of course. It's the only way. And I know it's wrong, being Carlos Gonzalez's sister at all. I never meant to fall in love with Trevor Story. But I guess you don't really choose who you fall in love with.

The day I met Trevor was unforgettable to say the least. I'd just graduated from university and I would finally be able to see my brother play in the majors. And while I insisted I sit in the bleachers with the rest of the fans, Carlos would not let that happen. He basically demanded I sit in the dugout with him and the guys during the game, and since then - it's become a ritual. The guys had grown to love me. I was the team sister to all - but one. Because to this one person, I was more than a sister. And honestly, he was more than a brother to me, too. Despite how many times Carlos told me, 'Don't date my teammates' or 'I will kill any of them that try to get with you', I guess I never listened. And neither did Trevor. Whenever I was around him, I was happy without even having to think about it. A smile was always plastered on my face, and I'm sure he could say the same. And while we acted all friendly in the dugout, it's what happened after the game that changed everything. Whilst waiting for Carlos to shower, Trevor pulled me aside, into one of the supply closets and confessed everything. And I did the same.

-flashback- ( woahh i never do this haha)

"Listen, Olivia. The first day you walked into the dugout, I knew I had to make you mine. And nothing would stand in my way. Not the team, not the coaches, not even your brother, and that's why I'm here. Liv, I have not smiled as much in the past few years as I have in the last few weeks just seeing and talking to you," He reaches to hold one of my hands, sending tingles throughout my body.

"You are...perfect. And I'm not going to let someone this amazing go. So, Olivia, do you want to be my girlfriend?" The question shocked me, honestly. I lower my head, completely unaware of what to do. The feelings I had for Trevor were mutual. And as much as I want to say yes, I can't. I don't even want to imagine what Carlos would do to Trevor if he found out about us. It could completely tear the team apart - and I would be to blame.

"Trevor, I-, what about my brother? He laid down very strict rules and I really don't want you nor I to face the consequences of breaking them." I look up to face him, noticing the softened look on his face. I can tell how passionate he is about this. And I want to tell him I feel the same way. But if I do, there's no telling how badly things could end.