forty-three ✰ c. seager (lad)

she has her dad's eyes

for seagerfever

My heart skips a beat as Corey's name lights up my phone screen

My heart skips a beat as Corey's name lights up my phone screen. And being the girlfriend I am, I jumped at my phone the second the message popped up. I slide to unlock my phone, revealing the message. As my eyes scan over the few amount of words, I begin to wonder whether or not I should have even opened it.

corey baby 💕🤪 - bree, we need to talk

My heart begins beating at a mile a minute. My palms start becoming a bit clammy as I stare at my bright phone screen, interpreting the message. The room around me is becoming warmer by the second. The message sounds so stern and serious. I have no idea what he could want to talk about that's so urgent. But honestly, I would be lying if I said it didn't worry me. I don't know what I'd do if he wanted to break up with me. Corey is my life; my happiness. I don't want to lose him. But I guess if separating is what Corey wants, then I guess I have no choice. I hesitantly respond, my thumbs wavering over the keyboard as I try to determine a casual response.

bree - sure, what's up?

He responds quickly, like always. Usually I'm beyond ecstatic when he responds this fast, as any girlfriend would be, but this time - I wish he wouldn't respond.

corey baby 💕🤪 - can you come over? i'd rather do this in personal.

My eyes widen at the words on my screen. This must be important. And I don't think I've braced myself enough for the heartbreak I'm about to face. I sigh, agreeing to meet him at his LA apartment.

bree - sure, i'll be there in a few.

corey baby 💕🤪 - ok :)

I do a double-take looking at his last text. A smiley face? This boy is sending too many mixed signals. I grab my things, eventually heading out of my apartment. I sigh, falling into the driver's seat of my car. I have no idea what to expect. And honestly, I don't know if I want to find out.

~

I slowly approach the front door of my boyfriend's apartment. I raise my hand to knock on the door, simply holding my fist in the air for a mere second, contemplating whether I should stay or leave while I can. I could easily come up with some stupid excuse. What about 'my car wouldn't start'? No, that's dumb. Oh, maybe 'my mom called and said she needed my help'. Ugh, Corey wouldn't believe that. I remain still with my fist placed to knock on the door, yet I don't. I stand silently in front of the apartment, coming up with reasons I can use to avoid my boyfriend. I stare at my feet, lost in my own thoughts. I'm so consumed by my anxious ways I don't even realize the door fly open in front of me, sending my head flying up to meet those breathtaking blue eyes.

"Bree?" Corey asks softly, reaching out to wrap one of his hands around my waist, gently pulling me towards him and into the apartment. My heart races.

"Uh, hi." I say quickly, trying to avoid eye contact as much as possible. I hear Corey's small chuckle and my body immediately relaxes.

"What were you doing?" My eyes widen as I search long and hard for a simple, yet reasonable response. Of course I can't say ' I was trying to think of excuses I could use so I wouldn't have to see you and you couldn't break up with me'. I'd sound crazy.

"Oh, I just thought I dropped something, hah." Corey seems kind of confused by my answer, but he slowly nods, probably looking past the weird excuse. I clear my throat, Corey's eyes still fixed on me and my rosy cheeks.

"So, uh, what did you want to talk about?" I turn to face him as he places a hand on the back of his neck, pink rushing to his cheeks. My stomach flips. I have no idea what he's about to say, but he seems like he isn't exactly sure what to say either. A small grin breaks out on his plump lips. His whole face suddenly seems brighter as he looks back up to meet my eyes.

"Well, actually-" Corey is cut off by the sound of a small giggle and the sound of quick, little footsteps echoing through one of the hallways. A small blonde girl pokes her head out from around the corner leading to the doorway. Her glasses cover a large portion of her face, yet I can still see her sparkling blue eyes past the small, black frames.

"Daddy?" Her small voice calls as she continues to hide herself while trying to communicate with Corey. I've never met his daughter before, and honestly, I didn't know if I ever would. It doesn't really seem like my place to be close to a child that isn't mine. Especially when she's so young, being barely three. I look between Corey and the little girl, watching as Corey bends down to her height, motioning for her to come to him. She slowly reveals herself completely, holding her hands in one another in front of her, swaying back and forth.

"Oakley, come here." Corey speaks softly. Oakley finally starts walking slowly towards the two of us, her scared eyes never leaving me. I offer a kind smile, although she doesn't seem fazed, and still a bit scared. When she finally meets us at the front door, Oakley hides herself behind Corey, wrapping her small arms around his torso.

"Oakley, there's someone I want you to meet." Corey says, turning around to look at his daughter. I watch as Corey leads her to stand between the two of us. I kneel down just as Corey had, becoming eye-level with the two.

"Hi," I say quietly, offering a small wave. Oakley displays her adorable smile, her eyes lighting up just like Corey's. She waves back, probably still a little too shy to speak.

"I love your glasses," Oakley reaches up while giggling, adjusting her glasses, pushing them farther onto her cute button nose.

"Thank you, Bree," She says quietly, still slightly giggling. My jaw slightly drops open as my eyes go wide. I turn my gaze to face Corey, an enormous smile plastered on his face. I can't believe she knows my name. Does Corey talk about me? My heartbeat quickens as I continue to stare into Corey's gorgeous eyes, my heart bursting with happy emotions. I wrap a hand around Corey's torso, pulling him in for a hug, placing my head on his shoulder. I feel him place a small kiss on my forehead as my stomach is swarmed with butterflies.

"Bree?" I look down to see Oakley's big eyes locked on mine.

"Yeah?"

"Do you wanna play barbies with me?" I look away from Oakley fro a second, noticing Corey's eyes fixed on me. A giant smile forms on my lips as I turn back to see Oakley's hopeful eyes.

"Of course!" Her face immediately lights up. I lift Oakley into my arms, allowing her to lead me to her room. Corey remains standing in the doorway, watching as I walk away with his daughter. The hall is silent, until a quiet, deep voice interrupts the quiet.

"My girls."

-

sooo ima be opening requests again soon ! and i also think i'm going to start posting imagines every other day because i low key feel like i'm hella annoying lmao anyways ,, i kinda changed some of the minor details to fit my idea but i really hope you like it girl !! 💗

ALSO IM - ,, ya girl just got a stanton players weekend jersey and i'm so happy sjbshsgsjd

jillian