thirty-two ✰ s. gennett (cin)

the disney slide

for DodgerGirlx

I drop all of my bags on the floor, hearing the door close behind me and Scooter

I drop all of my bags on the floor, hearing the door close behind me and Scooter. I slowly trot over to the large king-sized bed, collapsing onto it out of exhaustion. Finally taking a deep breath, I'm relaxed, slowly sinking into the mattress. I hear Scooter's rapid footsteps, and then I feel his weight holding me down. He chuckles quietly as I groan.

"Ugh, Scooter get off of me." I say, extremely annoyed. I feel his arms wrap around my waist, flipping us onto our sides. He rests his chin on my shoulder, laying his head on mine.

"Come on, baby. Let's go do something!" Scooter's arms tighten around my waist as I find myself leaning into him, comfortably.

"But, I'm tired," I say, dragging out the 'e'. Scooter's arms suddenly disappear from around me and I find myself missing his warmth. Looking up at him, confused, I notice a devious smile on his lips. His hands reach for mine, pulling me to sit up on the bed.

"We're on the freaking Disney cruise, Tris! There's no time to be tired." I roll my eyes as he stares at me with hope and excitement. He's such a little kid. A small smile sneaks onto my face at the sight of him; he's just too adorable for me to say no. I sigh.

"Fine, let's go." Scooter immediately jumps up out of joy, pulling me up with him. I fall onto him, still extremely exhausted, and he laughs, pulling his arms around me as we head for the door of our room. My feet can barely keep up with him as Scooter hurries both of us through the door. Although I'd rather be in bed right now, I don't really mind - as long as I'm with him.

As the elevator opens, revealing one of the main decks, my jaw drops in amazement. I quickly run towards the railing, taking in the sight of the ocean. Frankly, this is the moment I'd actually taken some time to appreciate the breathtaking view, while not rushing to get to our room. I hear Scooter follow behind me while I stare out onto the water. Scooter's hands appear on either side of me, grasping the railing. A smile forms on my lips as I turn to face him, immediately being met with the most gorgeous eyes. I softly place my hands on either side of Scooter's face, bringing him in for a short, sweet kiss. Slowly pulling away, something yellow catches my eye.

"Scooter, the slide!" I scream, grabbing onto his hand while pulling him towards the slide like a little kid. I can hear him laughing at me, but I don't give a fuuuuuck. It's the freaking slide, man. Taking in the sight of the gigantic, yellow water slide, I can't wait until we can throw our bathing suits on. But seeing as it's pretty late, I think we might have to wait until tomorrow.

"Baby, we have to do this." I say, barely shaking out of excitement. I feel his arm wrap around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. Scooter places a soft kiss on the top of my head.

"Of course we will." I look up to face Scooter, my love growing for him by the second. I'm more than happy to have found someone who can act like as much of a kid as I do. As we gaze longingly into each other's eyes, Scooter's face suddenly goes blank.

"Oh, hold on. I forgot." And he disappears behind me.

"What?" I turn around, confused as to what Scooter's doing. I notice him kneeling before me. Is he really tying his shoe right now - oh my god.

"Tris, to say the least, you are the love of my life. There is no one on this planet who could make me nearly as happy as you do. And I wouldn't have it any other way. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. To this day, I don't know where I'd be without you. And I want it to stay that will. So will you please permanently be by my side? Because clearly, my life would be a hot mess without you. Tris, will you marry me?" He cradles a small velvet box in his hand, containing a bright, diamond ring. The image of him kneeling before me is truly breathtaking. A hopeful look spreads across Scooter's face as a small crowd forms around us. I answer without a single thought.

"Yes!" Scooter hops onto his feet, wrapping his arms around my waist. My face sneaks into the crook of his neck, happy tears streaming down my face. As my hands wrap around his neck, resting on his back, my feet lift off of the ground. Scooter and I spin in circles in the middle of the deck and the crowd cheers, happily. I shake with every sob, and Scooter finally places me back onto the wood deck. My hands remain resting on the back of his neck, and I connect our lips without hesitation. The crowd continues to cheer as my world spins; only happy thoughts running through my head. Scooter and I smile into the kiss, the world around us disappearing. Our eyes meet again as we disconnect, tears stay put on my cheeks. His bright smile lights up my world as he grabs my hand. And Scooter slips the shiny ring onto my left hand; beside the big, yellow slide.

the next day...

The next morning, I woke up convinced my smile had not left my face since last night. And after some intense thought, I came to a final decision; now is the perfect time. Asking Scooter to run to the front desk and grab me some extra towels, it was finally time to execute my plan; my plan to tell Scooter I'm pregnant. As soon as the down softly shuts behind him, I run into the bathroom, grabbing the face paint I'd secretly packed. Using my not very good artistic skills, I carefully draw a baseball on my stomach. Waiting for it to dry, I poke my head out the bathroom, taking a glance at the door. My palms begin to sweat as Scooter could walk in any minute. I just really hope I can get this done in time. I finally decide it's safe to write on top of the baseball, so I grab a small paintbrush, dipping it is the black. 'A little privacy, please!', is messily written on top of the baseball. The fact that I had to write it upside down definitely didn't help me already having terrible handwriting. I quickly shove the paint supplies into my personal bag, turning off the bathroom light. I walk over to the bed, sitting on the edge while mentally going over my plan. And then I hear the door fly open. And the oscar-worthy acting begins. I force small tears to form in my eyes, looking down at my ring while holding my side.

"Hey baby, I got the tow- what's wrong?" He asks, quickly rushing over to me. Scooter kneels in front of the bed, softly placing his hand on mine as it rests on the area I 'hurt' myself.

"Scooter, I-I don't know. I accidentally scratched myself with the ring. And I think it might be bleeding." I say, allowing my force to shake slightly. Scooter's face softens. I fake a pained frown.

"Let me see," He reaches for the hem of my shirt, slowly lifting it to reveal my stomach, and my masterpiece. At first, Scooter's brow furrows in confusion, until his eyes widen and his mouth falls open. He quickly looks to me for reassurance, softly placing his hand on my stomach.

"Tris, are you-?" I nod before he finishes his sentence, happy tears forming in my eyes. Scooter tackles me, both of us falling back onto the bed as he attacks me with small kisses. I laugh at his excitement, noticing he's just as happy as I am. He leans down, pressing kisses to my stomach, slightly tickling me. I let out a laugh as makes his way back to meet my eyes. And as we stare into each other's eyes in quiet, goofy smiles plastered on both of our faces, he gently places his hands on either side of my face, caressing my cheek. And he breaks the silence with a soft whisper.

"I can't wait to start a family with you, Tris."

-

ok , honestly i've never been on the disney cruise so im sorry if my descriptions are a little off haha anyways, it took me so long to write this ! but i don't mind, i really hope you like it girl !! 💗

aLso i'm starting grade 9 in like two weeks and i'm so freaking scared shsvshgs

jillian