thirteen ✰ k. hernandez (lad)

don't be nervous

for -wolfhernandez

Given it is Kiké's bobblehead night, the Dodgers organization thought it would be adorable and cute if the first pitch was thrown out by none other than his girlfriend, me

Given it is Kiké's bobblehead night, the Dodgers organization thought it would be adorable and cute if the first pitch was thrown out by none other than his girlfriend, me. To say I'm beyond nervous would be an understatement. I used to play softball in high school, but a few years can do a lot to your throwing arm. I can already feel my palms becoming extremely sweaty as Kiké joins me in the clubhouse after taking BP, reaching to join our hands. Noticing my anxious expression and sweaty palms, he looks down and flashes an empathetic smile.

"Nervous?" He chuckles, lightly squeezing my hand. Just knowing he's going to be there is enough to relieve some stress.

"Is it really that obvious?"

"Victoria, your hands feel like you just washed them." I quickly disconnect my hand from his, wiping it on my pants. Lacing our fingers once again, I look up to meet his chocolate-coloured eyes. Feeling my cheeks heat up, I break our gazes to look down at my feet, clearly embarrassed. As my stress seems to return, I am calmed once again when I hear a soft chuckle from Kiké.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I guess I am a little nervous," I laugh, gaining the courage to look back up at the boy I've been dating for almost three years now. And yet, I still get butterflies when I do so.

"It's okay, baby. Don't stress. I know you're going to do amazing,love. I mean, I know you may be no Clayton Kershaw. But I'm ready to catch a 90mph heater." A smile spreads across my face as I bend over wheezing in laughter. He really knows how to cheer me up. I stand on my toes and reach up to place a kiss on his cheek.

"What would I do without you?" Honestly, without him, I wouldn't be here. The only reason I agreed to throwing the first pitch was because I knew that he'd be there for me, behind the plate. If anyone else was catching, there's no way I'd have enough courage. I don't even care if Beyonce were catching. Well, maybe Beyonce. But no one else. My thoughts are interrupted by Cody Bellinger barreling down the stairs into the clubhouse.

"Kiké, Victoria, you ready?" He asks. Kiké turns to me for confirmation, while also giving me an assuring look. I nod.

"Let's do this thing, boys!" I scream, running out towards the field, dragging Kiké with me. I hear Cody laugh as he slowly follows behind us.

Hearing my name being announced by the speakers, I quickly give Kiké a peck on the lips. The crowd cheers at the interaction. As I head out to the mound, I watch the outfielder head to his position to catch. Receiving the 'okay', I do a small wind up, trying to look as professional as possible, and release the ball. Surprisingly, the ball makes it to home plate. Although, Kiké moved quite a ways to his left to actually catch the ball, it wasn't too far off from a strike. I raise my arms in victory (? lol idk) as I slowly begin walking towards my boyfriend, who seems to meet me halfway. But before I can get close enough to hug him, he drops to one knee. I run as fast as I can to where he fell. I lean to down to him, immediately asking if he's okay while grabbing onto his arm.

"Baby, are you -?" I begin, only to be cut off by the reveal of the gorgeous brown eyes I've always loved. And while I was holding onto his arm, I my focus is immediately shifted to the ring being held by it. And my jaw hits the floor.

"Victoria, out of the 250,000 words in the English language, I could not string together enough to even come close to explaining how much I love you. When I met you three years ago, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. You weren't some hookup; some side chick. You were my soulmate. You are my soulmate. And I have no idea what I would possibly do without seeing your smile everyday; Or hearing your voice, or being able to hold you and tell you that you are loved. I don't know what I would do you without you being able to call you mine. So Victoria, will you please make me the happiest man in the universe and marry me?" And by the end of all that, tears have covered my cheeks as I'm left speechless. Raising my hands to cover my mouth, I nod, without a doubt in my mind. Slipping the beautiful ring on my finger, Kiké stands and wraps his arms around my waist. My hands move from my face to around him, as I tuck my face in the crook of his neck. As the crowd goes wild in cheers, he places soft kisses on the side of my head, tears still streaming down my face. Pulling away from the hug, my fiance wipes the fallen tears away. I grab both sides of his face, pulling him in for a passionate kiss. He grabs my waist, pulling me closer to him, not breaking the kiss. Keeping him as close to me as possible, I deepen the kiss. And while nothing else matters to me right now, I finally become aware of the cheering crowd. I quickly pull away, finally noticing that while it seemed like everyone else disappeared - they didn't. We still have to keep things PG. My hands still rest on either side of Kiké's face. I notice the ring that now sits on my left hand and my smile immediately widens, admiring its beauty.

"It's absolutely beautiful." I say, still staring at the rock, completely aware of the fact that his eyes have not left me.

"Not as beautiful as you." Shifting my gaze to Kiké, I burst into a fit of laughter at his cliche comment.

"Okay, that was cheesy. But adorable." He flashes me his billion-dollar smile as we turn to head back to the dugout, hand in hand. The crowd continues to rage, as Kiké and I stay silent until we get into the clubhouse, waving before disappearing into the building. As he walks me to the entrance leading to my seat, he plays with the ring on my finger while still holding my hand. We both look down at the ring as smiles spreads across our faces. And after many moments of silence, we finally reach the section's entrance. Still playing with the ring, Kiké finally looks back up to me.

"Now I get to call you mine forever."

-

OK SO i actually loved writing this so much !! LIKE AWHHH ! i feel like it ended kinda awkwardly but lmaoo i like it i guess ,, i hope you like it !! ❤️❤️

also i'm so freaking thankful for doing imagine requests because i've found out about so many adorable players that i didn't even know existed ashgjds

jillian